[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know how to permanently link a subtitle file to a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: cone_altglass.png (79KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cone_altglass.png
79KB, 500x500px
Does anyone know how to permanently link a subtitle file to a video file in the newest version of VLC? Mac version. Thanks dudes.
>>
Step 1) Use literally almost any other player besides VLC
Step 2)
>>
>>347753
which one do you prefer?
>>
>>347752
what file format is the video?
if MKV, I would think to mux the subs into the video using something like MKVToolNix
>>347753
but why
just because it's closed-source and fussy with codecs doesn't mean it's merde suprême, esp. for noobs
which, then, do you recommend? MPC-HC? KMPlayer?
>>
>>347752
>permanently link
Rename the .srt file with the same name of the video file
Or use mkvtoolnix too mux the subs
>>
File: codec_container.jpg (79KB, 680x413px) Image search: [Google]
codec_container.jpg
79KB, 680x413px
VLC isn't video editing software. You need something else.

>softsubs inside the video container

>Matroska Video (MKV) is currently the best container for this method (MP4, OGM and even AVI can technically contain softsubs, but none supports font attachments, and all of them has various other issues). Using a muxer that supports attachments (i.e. mkvmerge GUI), you simply add your subtitle files to the Matroska file as separate tracks (just like you add audio and video tracks), and any fonts as attachments (make sure they have the MIME type application/x-truetype-font). The fonts will then be installed temporarily by Haali Media Splitter (on Windows) or MPlayer (on *nix and MacOS X) during playback.

http://docs.aegisub.org/manual/Attaching_subtitles_to_video#Softsubbing_2

https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html#macosx
>>
>>347752
>Does anyone know how to permanently link a subtitle file to a video file in the newest version of VLC?
You seem to be confused. VLC just plays back media, it doesn't have the functionality you describe. If you want to permanently join subtitles to a video file you need to mux them into the same container. All a media player can do is play media. You can set it up so that it can load external subtitles automatically if they share the same name and file path as the video being played, but that's not really what you're asking.
>>
>>347758
>>347761
>>347769
>>347773
Okay thanks everyone! I guess I didn't really word it right so my bad. I've noticed how some files I download have subtitles already mixed in on VLC (like under the subs tab) meanwhile some video files require the .srt file to be hanging around.

I'm really only doing this for organizational purposes, I have OCD when it come to my movie collection. Thanks again guys.
>>
>>347809

For that you have to remux the video file so that the subtitle "track" is included in the container. NO video player will be able to magically give you subtitles from nowhere if the srt file isn't around to provide these.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.