[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got an interesting rejection from a 4chan board when trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

I got an interesting rejection from a 4chan board when trying to post a picture. Never had this before. It's a jpg file.

Any educated opinions /wsr/? Can you really store an active malicious code in a jpg file? Or is it something else?
>>
>>347493
yes its called steganography, but i doubt that happened to you, i've got that error a couple of times as well with a couple of .gifs but it's probably something else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQPkRlbVFEs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hajOlvLhYJY
>>
>>347493
just save it as png/gif or change its compression ratio
>>
>>347493
Here's the address to the pic that caused this.

https://im9.eu/picture/hentai-girl-rejects-threesome

I downloaded it because of the joke in it and thought I could use it in a thread.
>>
>>347493
You just concatenate it.

JPEG readers look for the JPEG header then read as many bytes as the JPEG header says to then close the file. MP3 readers, by contrast, scan the whole file and play anything that looks like an MP3 frame, so if you put an MP3 on the end of a JPEG, you get a file that plays as an MP3 when you call it a ".mp3", and displays as a picture when you call it a ".jpg".

You can also deconcatenate them because the JPEG header tells you how many bytes to remove.

Back in the day this was used to post files to 4chan, until the board software was changed to reject JPEGs with extra crap on the end.

I doubt the classification algorithm is particularly sophisticated because there's no reason a JPEG should ever have crap on the end and no real downside to just banning all JPEGs that do: if someone really wants to post it they can just trim the crap off.
>>
>>347500
its comment section contains html code
>>
>>347493
I don't think you can make a JPEG that's also a .EXE at the same time, because I think the PE header needs to be at the start and so does the JPEG header, but I don't want to speak authoritatively when I'm not qualified.

You can certainly stick a .EXE on the end that someone would be able to run after splitting the file.
>>
>>347497
>>347498

>>347502
>>347503
>>347505

Ok, thanks for the heads up. I took a screenshot of it for your convenience if you want to do a RIS. Not really hentai, it's just about that joke in it.

I'm running debian with gnome desktop so I don't think these are much of a threat to my rig.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.