[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After watching Unlimited Blade Works and getting hooked on Fate/Grand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

After watching Unlimited Blade Works and getting hooked on Fate/Grand Order I've taken an interest in Arthurian legend. Does anyone know a TV show, movie, anime, or even a book/books that tells mostly everything from Arthur's childhood to his death? I've tried watching Merlin but all the creative liberties triggered me, I'm particularly interested in Mordred's part
>>
Le Morte d'Arthur by Sir Thomas Mallory is one of the most referenced Arthurian works. It's not the oldest, but it's a version of the stories that is arguably most famous.
>>
>>347078
I was hoping for a more modern work but I'm still really grateful, just got the sample on kindle
>>
>>347078
There's also King Arthur and His Knights by Sir James Knowles in case Le Morte doesn't click.

I found Le Morte d'Arthur a bit dry, even if it might be the most authoritative one. I lost momentum with all the summaries of Merlin doing this and that and going here and there.
The version of King Arthur and His Knights I have on hand (illust. by Louis Rhead) has more pretty pictures and I think it gets to Arthur doing stuff sooner, but it probably loses comprehensiveness somewhere.
>>
>>347379
tl;dr: try one and if it doesn't work, try the other.
>>
>>347154
The more modern works tend to either be fiction or "re-imagined" versions of his legend, so I gave you one that's viewed as being an authority on the subject. From there you can branch out. If you want a movie try watching Excalibur (1981). As far as King Arthur movies go I think it gets the feel of the legends down better than most other attempts even if its style is conspicuously of the 80s.

There's lots of different versions of the old tales you could read, doesn't have to be Mallory's Death of Arthur. Personally I prefer verse to prose when it comes to Arthurian legends, but that's just me.
>>
>>347530
Thanks very much for the info, I'm reading Le Morte d'Arthur and the archaic words drew me in immediately.

Yeah I expected that from newer works, it's a shame but it is what it is, at least after I learn more about the original legends I can tell what the writers changed so that I won't have to wonder
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.