[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am looking for dirty mecha with lots of deformed steel. Something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: break_blade.jpg (162KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
break_blade.jpg
162KB, 1280x720px
I am looking for dirty mecha with lots of deformed steel. Something like Break Blade.

I don't like how most mecha look so clean and pure, and it's just lots of epilepsy explosions. I want to see parts shatter and metal scratching and deforming other metal.
Aesthetic wise, something in the direction of Warhammer 40K would be perfect.
>>
> I want to see parts shatter and metal scratching and deforming other metal.
Have you tried escaflowne, it's nothing as grimdark as 40k but it's got really fucking great fighting scenes.

Also you might really like the Getter robo OVAs, I'd recommend checking out Armageddon and if you like it check out the other two.
>>
>>347005
Thank you, anon!
Escaflowne looks pretty good, I like the idea of Mecha in a fantasy setting a lot.

Things don't have to be depressing and sad, but I like when mechas clash with some weight behind them, and debris is flying in cascades.

I remember hearing something about Getter Robo being the one that inspired Gurren Lagann, so I'll watch that one too.
>>
>>347010
I haven't personally seen it yet but I've also seen people say the 08th MS team is """realistic""" so you might like it, it's kind of like Vietnam with Gundam.

Also if you really like seeing "mecha with weight" you might like the Giant Robo style shows, so Tetsujin (it's way more depressing than it looks and I personally think it's one of the best post 2000 mecha), Big O, and Giant Robo (watch the 90s OVA)
>>
bumping for more

>>347017
I have Big O here, however the constant out of tune sax music in the background is giving me major aids.
Also, "weight" does not mean they have to be 150m tall and slow as fuck. But they need to feel like mechas when they punch something, and not just extremely fast humans in a sheet of armor, if you know what I mean.
>>
Look into Armored Trooper Votoms.
>>
You guys showed me some good shit, but I'll keep bumping for a while.
This can't be all there is... right?
>>
Zoids?
>>
>>347837

Looks a bit trashy on first glance but I'll check it out. Any version in particular?
>>
Japan isn't big into Warhammer 40K aesthetics, and your other requirements have more to do with animation quality than anything else. So Zoids is probably not what you're looking for.
>>
>>348090
Hm, seems like you are right, Japan doesn't like grimdark.

It's a shame there are not a lot of good scifi shows form the west either.
>>
hopeful bump
>>
>>348431
roujin z
>>
>>348432
That looks awesome, anon
>>
>>349028
try gits, robot carnival, patlabor's, redline, planetes, texhnolyze, tenshi no tamago and gasaraki
>>
>>349056
Never heard of Gasaraki and Carnival, ty.
>>
https://soundcloud.com/user-218321425/cootchie-barn
>>
File: I am not happy anymore.jpg (56KB, 219x544px) Image search: [Google]
I am not happy anymore.jpg
56KB, 219x544px
>>349316
>>
Gundam IBO, dont listen to the purist /m/orons if they say it sucks, because it didnt(well received everywhere).
>>
>>349819
I thought IBO was more fancy clean fights in space, but looking at pictures this seems like just what I wanted. Ty!

I'll probably start with Escaflowne today, just because it was the first rec and cause I already got it.
>>
>>349994
Basically IBO is most of the time brutal melee fights instead of flashy laser fights like what you get in the other gundam series. Also they only have ballistic techs in that universe.

When you reach the Dort arc (space colonies) in S1 feel free to fast forward a bit if you want. Its a bit slow for 3 episodes but then it gets really fun.

The charadesign is also really good, the mechas have a demonic look (and name).
S2 is even better, i loved it.

Otherwise Escaflowne is really good ! Probably one of my favorite anime and the knight mechs thing is super cool, too bad we dont have more this anymore.
>>
File: 1475217959735.gif (439KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1475217959735.gif
439KB, 800x800px
>>350009
Perfect, checked it out it's just what I needed. I'm really happy with the recs I got here. Thank you all for helping.
I'm gonna bump this one last time in case anyone has another show we missed so far.

Have something comfy.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.