[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a question about pokemon Go. In Valor. If you caught

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: pokemon_go_logo.png (119KB, 608x370px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_go_logo.png
119KB, 608x370px
I have a question about pokemon Go. In Valor.

If you caught a pokemon that is really rare, and everything is good except the stats saying "Overall, your Pokemon is a strong Pokemon. You should be proud!" Is this able to be leveled up? Can that ever increase to the 100% badass that your goal is ultimately for when battling and defending gyms?

Same question for "It's got excellent stats! How exciting!" Can your pokemon ever reach the best of the best through powering up? Or, are the base stats set on the leveling formula, meaning if you catch a crappy pokemon, it will always be crappy against an opponent at the same level, but with better appraisal responses?
>>
>>346908
The appraisal is about "IVs" or "Individual Values". In Pokémon GO you have 3 IVs, Atk/Def/HP, rated from 0 to 15.
Ideally you want the IVs to be as high as possible.
Currently there is no way to change or improve IVs, if they are shit when you catch/hatch it, then they will always be shit (even if you evolve).
Only in the most recent mainline Pokémon games has it become possible to improve IVs through HyperTraining, do not expect this to be added to Pokémon GO for many years, if ever.

Levels are a different mechanic, thats what power up are for, you can increase a pokemons level to match your own level using candies and stardust.

Getting a 15/15/15, or 100% perfect, Pokémon is very rare (as is a 0/0/0 maximum shitmon).
>>
>>346908
1) Valor is the wrong team.
2) The only apparisal that really matters is the first one. If it gets the top score in the first one, you know it's in to top 10% or so and all its stats are in the 13-15 range. The difference between a 13-13-13 and a 15-15-15 is far less significant than the difference between shit moves and good moves, or the difference between a Vaporeon and any other non-Blissey Pokemon.

The second line tells you what stat is, its best stat, and the third line tells you what that stat is. This can be useful for picking a Pokemon for a specific role, i.e. Gyarados, Jolteon, Tyrannitar are only useful as attackers so you should level the one with the best attack, but it's nowhere near as important as the first line, which tells you how good the *total* stats are.

So don't not evolve or not use something just because it's not a 15-15-15; so long as it's in the top bracket for the first result, it'll be perfectly competitive.
>>
>>346908
If you're on iOS, check out SmartIV, which looks at your screenshots, and works out your species from the picture, your level from the rainbow, and your stats by OCRing the text, and tells you the Pokemon's exact IVs after you tell it what the appraisal answers are.

It's completely compliant with the game's ToS, because you're allowed to take screenshots, and SmartIV only looks at the screenshots.

I'm sure there's an equivalent for Android, but I couldn't tell you what it's called.
>>
>>346909
>>346915
>>346913
Well shit, I have a lot of useless rare pokemon then.

Why is Valor the wrong team?
>>
>>346909
>>346913
>>346915
Ok, so I have caught a Bulbasaur. The first says "Overall, your Bulbasaur is a strong Pokemon. You should be proud!" Then it says its HP is the strongest feature and is just as impressed with attack and defense. Then it says, "Its stats indicate that in battle, it'll get the job done."

Would this be good to level? Or do I need to keep searching for a Bulbasaur to evolve if I want to fight with it? To be clear, I CAN level the "Its stats indicate that in battle, it'll get the job done." But I CAN'T level the ""Overall, your Bulbasaur is a strong Pokemon. You should be proud!" Correct? Or am I not able to level either of those?
>>
File: valor appraisal.png (86KB, 875x805px) Image search: [Google]
valor appraisal.png
86KB, 875x805px
>>346951
>>
>>346946
There is no wrong or right team.

>>346951
You have to remember that IVs are added to base stats. For example Vaporeon's base Attack is 205 so the one with 0 Atk will have actually 205 while the one with 15 Atk will have 220.
Also the game only tells you the best stat/s. So the mon with "I'm blown away by its stats. WOW!" Attack can be 15/0/0 while the one with "It's got excellent stats! How exciting!" can be 14/13/13.

As for leveling you want to powerup the one with good IVs if it's a rare mon but for more common shit you want to powerup the one who already has high level as it takes less dust.
>>
>>346951
If it's the starter bulba (the very first pokemon you caught) then the stats are 10/10/10, but it will be level 1.

In general you don't waste candies or stardust levelling pokemon before you are level 30, or level 20 for hatched pokemon, since you could just catch a stronger one anyway.
>>
File: 1499372937875.gif (2MB, 270x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499372937875.gif
2MB, 270x480px
>>346946
>Well shit, I have a lot of useless rare pokemon then.
Post your top mons pham >>>/vp/pgg has all the links in our OP

Also valor is the best
>>
>>346968
Sure you do, because the cost-per-level goes up logarithmicly.

I can get a pokemon the eleven levels from zero to eleven for the same price as the one level from twenty-nine to thirty.

Your pokemon are the tool you use to get the coins which get the items that help you level. If you don't improve them you're delaying your levelling, which is the exact opposite of what you're trying to accomplish. Are you going to miss 30,000 stardust when you're level 33? Course not.

When you spend candies and stardust they're not consumed, they're transferred from the pile marked "candies and stardust that aren't doing anything for me" into the pile marked "candies and stardust that have improved my pokemon".

If you've not spent stardust, it's exactly the same as if you didn't even have it.
>>
>>346946
Only a tiny fraction of pokemon are actually useful, and only a tiny fraction of those are actually competitive.

Keep your baseball-hat pichu because you love it, not because you expect it will help you win the game.
>>
>>346971
Do you have the gif of the guy kneeling down and throwing the ball like a girl at a pidgey, and every time he throws he doesn't catch it and eventually it loops back to the start?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.