[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My video card shit the bed a few weeks ago and I bought pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: radeon-rx550-logo-960x540.png (54KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
radeon-rx550-logo-960x540.png
54KB, 960x540px
My video card shit the bed a few weeks ago and I bought pic related from newegg. I set it up, disabled my integrated graphics, and plugged my monitor into it, but for some reason my computer is still running the integrated graphics and does not detect the video card. Is it DOA or did I just fuck something up? Thanks dudes
>>
>>344943
I'm assuming you've already installed the latest drivers?
>>
>>344945

yes
>>
>>344943
How did you disable integrated graphics? Doing that in Windows won't matter to the BIOS or POST screen. Most motherboards autodetect and set the PCIe slot as the primary when you plug a card into it.

Try re-seating your card, make sure connection is flush and straight.
>>
>>344945
>>344951

So I lied, I hadn't actually installed the drivers because I'm stupid and haven't done this since 2011. I installed the drivers, and was told to connect a display to my AMD graphics and extend the display
>>
>>344958
Sounds like you got it working? You can try hooking a second display to your new card and set it as the primary. Then swap displays for the one you want to use. I think if you just reboot with the display hooked into the new card Windows should default to it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.