[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I need to thank people who filled up the request ? I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: CjcQBE6_d.jpg (22KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
CjcQBE6_d.jpg
22KB, 362x346px
Do I need to thank people who filled up the request ?
I don't think they read it.
>>
I reguraly check back to see if the requester has gotten my reply. It's very frustrating to not know if I have been helpful or not and if my time fulfilling the request has been fruitful-
Always give thanks. It's polite too. You can use sage if you don't want to bump the thread anymore
>>
>>344546

Yes. Even if you don't mean it, most of the time I'm just wondering if the OP got what they were looking for, because sometimes it's vague or a specific thing they want to download. I just pin every thread I reply to on the thread watcher and 4chanX tells me if I got a reply and if it's a thanks, then a job well done, no need for further replies in the thread.
>>
>>344546

You don't HAVE to but it is called good manners and being thankful.
The thanks is pretty much the only thing that most people here get for helping, when people after being helped don't thank the person(s) who helped over time people will become less motivated to help again which will be bad for this board.
I know I hate it when I take the time to type a long elaborate response and then get no more reply until the thread dies, and if that happens several times I start thinking twice if i should do it again...
>>
File: wsr.jpg (140KB, 500x524px) Image search: [Google]
wsr.jpg
140KB, 500x524px
>>344546
>>
>>344546
Yes. The least you could do is give a thanks if you where given helpful information. Takes more work filling a request than posting a thread on most occasions. Also lets the person know you actually read the information given.
>>
>>344546
Genuinely no need for thankies, however The Most frustrating part of it is not knowing did the anon got it, and subsequently was it the thing what he/she was really after. Something like "got it" or something would be quite enough as a reply.

Some requests are sometimes a bit challenging to comprehend, however it's not a reason for not to try. I am never any grammar nazi, however how things here are sometimes put out can be nothing short of rather confusing, to say at least.

I like to dig up things anyway. I in fact do that sometimes for a living when doing for example literature surveys when preparing for various job related projects. My /wsr/ specialties have seemingly been pointing out various repositories of information and how to get there, then chemistry and physics. What I have got here are reviews for math, learning new things about hardware and software, incredible art, and general good times. So I have got my share already. /wsr/ is fun place to hang around.
>>
File: amalia_sadida_pls.png (207KB, 925x1000px) Image search: [Google]
amalia_sadida_pls.png
207KB, 925x1000px
>>344588
>Genuinely no need for thankies
speak for yourself, little girl. filling a request and coming back later and seeing "thanks! saved my ass!" is the only reason i'm here. why else would you be here?
>>
>>344546
I did a vocaroo for some guy a few days ago, never got a response. That was very annoying since I've never done that before, and I don't know if they ignored it or hated it.
>>
>>344601
>/wsr/ is fun place to hang around.
That's it. Seriously.
>>
>>344615
The appreciation for your work is at least half the fun in my opinion. Even if it was just a quick google or a 2 min photoshop job, I'd rather get recognized than not.
>>
>>344554
You're a fucking faggot if you actually think like this. Go back to Plebbit so you can get paid with gold I guess.
>>
>>344588
>>344581
>>344554
>>344551
>>344549
I never said thanks I really am sorry.
>>
>>344619
Sometimes my autism acts up and I go to the archives to look at the threads I helped in and read the thank yous I've gotten and feel good about myself
>>
>>344617
Right, I'm good with that.
>>
>>344588
pretty much this, imofamalam
>>
File: 1499370798163.png (391KB, 792x540px) Image search: [Google]
1499370798163.png
391KB, 792x540px
>>344546
I would prefer it ,but not required. It is good to know my autism is doing something good from time to time.
>>
File: 1492469468666.jpg (398KB, 1000x423px) Image search: [Google]
1492469468666.jpg
398KB, 1000x423px
>>344546
I think most people read (and appreciate) a "thank you", but not all of them reply.

I personally seldom reply unless they want something fixed.
>>
>>344546
I like knowing if I was helpful, if it's just a thanks you should sage, if it's clarification let it bump
>>
>>344618

/b/ is over there ----->
>>
>>344845
Actually given the board placement it's over there <-----
>>
It never occurred to me that saying "thanks" is also a good way of letting people know the request was fulfilled. That's a good point.
>>
>>344845
>m-muh safe space! he said a bad word, therefore he belongs in a place that CNN said is full of terrorists and school shooters
Go back to Plebbit you too fucking summerfag.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.