[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is this icon? I see this icon everywhere on tabs whenever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

What is this icon? I see this icon everywhere on tabs whenever a blank page in chrome shows up. It doesn't feel like it would be a chrome icon and I'm getting worried. Should I be worried?
>>
Also I should say I've been seeing a lot of blank pages lately.
>>
File: uhhh.png (6KB, 572x65px) Image search: [Google]
uhhh.png
6KB, 572x65px
I don't want to alarm you but that's the logo for nhentai.
Funny story, I had a window full of tabs just now from my earlier session.
>>
File: baby.jpg (47KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
baby.jpg
47KB, 720x720px
>>343540
wat. I've used nhentai in the past but why the fuck would it be appearing when I click on websites that have literally nothing to do with it.
>>
>>343544
Maybe clear your cache?
>>
>>343545
Okay. For some reason that's the logo that appears whenever I go to About:blank. I have literally no idea how this could have happened. about:blank is just an in browser placeholder page right? How could that icon have been assigned to it?
>>
>>343547
It's literally a page, internally the browser has an "about" protocol handler just as it has "http", "https" and "ftp" ones, and the about handler returns a page that looks blank when you try to access "blank" using the "about" handler.

The reason it does this is that it's easier having the browser do the same thing all the time than it is having it do the same thing almost all the time and do a different thing for blank pages.
>>
>>343561
So I got that page on nhentai once and it just stuck?
>>
>>343561
But why exactly nhentai, out of all the possible logos? And how would OP go about removing it? It'd be mighty embarrassing if someone knows the logo saw it. Or maybe OP would forge a friendship over mutual interests.
>>
>>343564

Chance? Stuff happens sometimes.
Also embarassing? if someone would actually say something that would be very easy to counter with a simple "And where exactly do YOU recognise that logo?". If people say sth then they are users of the site themselves.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.