[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey WSR I am in the business of selling baked goods. I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: giphy (1).gif (607KB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
607KB, 800x792px
Hey WSR

I am in the business of selling baked goods. I have two products. The 'ingregients' of products we will assign as A, B and C. The product being D.

There are two different scenarios, the first we sell sliced cake the second we sell whole cakes. We are not a baked goods store, we are baked goods manufacturer for a well known brand so we have no issues with selling our product regardless of our output.

I am trying to find which will net more product, using the least ingredients.

Sliced cake is made using 2oz of Ingredient A, 2oz of Ingredient B, and 1 oz of Ingredient C. We retail each slice for 7$.

Whole Cakes are made using 10oz of Ingredient A, 10oz of Ingredient B, and 7oz of Ingredient C. We retail each cake for 30$

Now (magically) every 5th product made between 1-10 extra of that product appears. Assume there is an equal chance of the extra product being between 1-10.

Marketing dept is telling us we have equal market interest in both products, suddenly our main warehouse has a fire, and we are left with a shortage of ingredients. currently we have 1500 of Ingredient A & B, and 1050 of Ingredient C. If the company is allocating these ingredients baking Sliced cakes, or Whole cakes which will net the company more money, while maintaining the most efficiency of ingredient use?
>>
>>343417

You said nothing abot the ingredients having different values.
equal chance of being between 1-10 extra means estimated value is 5 extra for every 5th- in other words doubling of amount.
Since A B and C have same value we can go by the pure numbers.
For sliced you for C need half the amount of A or B, in other words A/B will be the limiting factor, some of C will remain (750 would be enough for using all 1500 of A/B) So for sliced you can make 1500/2 = 750 slices, doubled that means 1500, $7 for each means $10500.
For whole cakes you need 7/10 for C of A/B, that is very close to 2/3, whch means the amount would be used optimally since you have about 2/3 of C compared to A/B left.
1500/10 per cake means 150 cakes, doubled that makes 300. At $30 per cake that makes $9000

-->Sliced is better but Whole is more efficient in ingredient use.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.