[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My desktop is shutting down frequently with no specific condition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: worried.jpg (21KB, 427x288px) Image search: [Google]
worried.jpg
21KB, 427x288px
My desktop is shutting down frequently with no specific condition and I have no idea of what could be the problem. I was used to experience a shutdown once in a while when trying to run more demanding games, but now even the games who run fine or browsing with multiple tabs cause the shutdown. I ran memtest and heavyload stress tests but there was no error or shutdown during the process. Yesterday I disabled the core unlocker on BIOS, the GPU temp got lower (from 60c on idle to 50) but there was another shutdown while browsing today. Is there anything I could do by myself to figure out what is causing this or should I just take it to tech support?
Specs: amd fx 6100; 4gb ddr3 ram; radeon hd6770 1gb; antec EA 650w
>>
I hope you've done the obvious, which is clean your fans and filters from dust.

Have you stresstested both VGA and processor?

It could also be some volatile memory (RAM or VRAM) chunk that's corrupted and fucks up everything when it's accessed by the system, which happens completely at random as far as an user is concerned.

Have some monitoring software log temperatures to a file, so you can see what was going on when you reboot after a new crash.

Godspeed.
>>
>>342582
Actually, the shutdown become frequent after I cleaned it(I used a brush to take the dust off).The heavyloader stress test gave me nothing on both cpu or vga, but I have no idea how long the test should be. I just activated the temp log on speed fan as you said, but I don't think it's overheating. Also, no BSOD, in the event viewer it shows a kerner 41 error everytime it shutdown. If it is the ram, shouldn't the memtest spotted it?
>>
>>342588
>If it is the ram, shouldn't the memtest spotted it?
I don't think it tests VRAM. Could be wrong on that though.

A simple way to check if it's the GPU's (or the north bridge's...) fault is to physically disconnect it and run on integrated graphics for a while.
>>
>>342597
>integrated graphics
... and I just checked that it's got none.

Sorry anon, my help can't go further.
>>
>>342597
My MOBO do have integrated graphics, but I don't think it's the gpu. In the post I said the the gpu temp got lower but it was actually the CPU, sorry for that. Thank you, anon.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.