[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my computer shows 69gb of space occupied but all the contents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: pic.png (316KB, 2736x1824px) Image search: [Google]
pic.png
316KB, 2736x1824px
my computer shows 69gb of space occupied but all the contents of C drive (the only drive) make up 49gb. what or where (if accessible) is the remaining 20gb?
>>
there are large hidden files like hibernation and page files
also hidden folders of windows
>>
File: 8lc6A.gif (1017KB, 300x234px) Image search: [Google]
8lc6A.gif
1017KB, 300x234px
there are hidden items that remain hidden even when selecting to reveal them in folder options?
>>
>>341248
download and run this to see what space is being used, it doesn't install and you can scan the rar with your antivirus if you like

http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/8N3xqpBk/file.html
>>
File: virustotal.png (12KB, 533x97px) Image search: [Google]
virustotal.png
12KB, 533x97px
>>341258
>http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/8N3xqpBk/file.html
>TR
>trojan horse
gfys
>>
>>341269
actually that's interesting, ive used this on peoples comp for about 10 years and still can't find a simple program that shows data better, in a pie chart way, i have noticed some antiviruses do delete it but it's that far and few between i never thought anything of it
>>
>>341269
>>341272
TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen2 was didcovered 2015 and ive had this exact program from 2002
>>
>>341272
fsinspect
>>
>>341275
i like the pie chart and the way you can click on every part of the pie to go further into that bit
fsinspect isn't pie chart
>>
This is what I use for visualizing space:
http://www.diskspacefan.com/screenshots.html

See how much space you can clear up using win10's "disk cleanup"
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 640x473px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 640x473px
>>341258
>>341272
WinDirStat is better anyway, and it has a download page like non-viruses do.
>>
>>341269
and also sorry i never meant to give you something infected, but to be honest even the result isn't gonna stop me using it. as stupid as it sounds i trust it and i get rid of viruses for people on a daily bases, but i don't blame you for not trusting it
>>
File: pie.jpg (180KB, 747x699px) Image search: [Google]
pie.jpg
180KB, 747x699px
>>341278
but i love my pie
>>
>>341287
>http://www.steffengerlach.de/freeware/
this?
>>
>>341291
if this is the same binary the problem is caused by your packer
>>
>>341291
>>341292
very nice thank you
ye i lost this program once and it took me so long to refind it i put it on a google drive, i didn't think there would be a newer version so i never relooked, i'm thinking it was the second one i downloaded that might of been modified
>>
File: pic2.png (299KB, 2736x1824px) Image search: [Google]
pic2.png
299KB, 2736x1824px
scanner is a pretty neat program. thanks for the rec.
it revealed two additional items: hiberfil.sys + pagefile.sys, which now leaves 14gb unaccounted
disk cleaner will remove 3.4gb the bulk of which is temp files + system error memory dump files.
are those not already included in the current totals?
>>
>>341400
The rest will be stuff in other user profiles that you're not permitted to view.

Run your scanner as an elevated administrator.
>>
>>341400
also note that files cover more space on your disk due to block sizes
>>
File: pic3.png (266KB, 2736x1824px) Image search: [Google]
pic3.png
266KB, 2736x1824px
running scan as admin revealed 6gb more leaving a final tally of 8gb unaccounted for.
could that be explained with block sizes? I have 250K files and 4K allocation size units
thank you all for the help today
>>
>>341519
also not that file system uses some space for filenames, file attributes and stuff
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.