[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am looking for a way to completely black out a window without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: candy keybord.gif (129KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
candy keybord.gif
129KB, 500x385px
I am looking for a way to completely black out a window without acrylic paint or curtains.

I Have 4 mylar blankets that I can try to do it with, but I am wondering if there is another option that is less diy more I buy it.

My issue with a shade is they let in light from the edges, and I don't sleep well when the light comes in, sadly I also keep weird hours due to disabilities.
>>
You mean something like that?

https://www.amazon.com/Blackout-EZ-Window-Cover-Large/dp/B006S65GAE
>>
>>338875
That looks perfect, I am a bit iffy with attaching anything tape to the window itself at the moment, I was hoping there would be a shade that was made specifically for this that I could install on my existing shade mount if possible, will definately look into this though.
>>
>>338903
Then use some black window film.

It glues straight to the glass, and it's impossible to fuck glass up.

I recently removed some after filming my window with it years ago (working the breakfast shift so I needed to get to sleep at 18:00), and the glass was perfectly fine.

Didn't even leave any adhesive behind, but if it had, label remover would have dissolved it without harming the window.

Take your time applying it, use the soapy water technique, and don't use anything metal when peeling it off, and no-one will ever know it was there.
>>
>>338921
got any links? last time I went to a home depot looking into this it was mylar film that didn't really do its job.
>>
>>338924
I'm not from burgerland, but I imagine you can get some off eBay.

You'd be surprised how much light a simple black cosmetic film will block. If you're actually trying to make a darkroom (you didn't say), just use two or three layers. You'll see significantly less heat ingress if your bottom layer is a reflective silver one.
>>
>>338927
Not so much a darkroom, just I keep odd hours, sometimes i'll be asleep at midnight to noon, sometimes i'll sleep from 2pm to 5am

I don't handle light shifting from light to dark or the other way well, it usually wakes me up, and I don't fall asleep with lights on, I pass out, there may not be much of a difference there, but its a big one to me.
>>
>>338943
For me, one layer of black and one layer of silver got me at midday a very dark, very deep red. It was possible to see by, but only just. I fucked up the install and left a bubble, and then when I poked it with a pin the shaft of light coming through looked blindingly bright. This is all subjective, but my experience was that sticking a poster on top made it completely impossible to tell night from day.
>>
>>338943
This kind of thing. https://activewindowfilms.co.uk/77-total-light-blackout-100-privacy-window-tinting-tint-film-51-76-100-152cm.html
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.