[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Barring Miyazaki's stuff, what's some anime flicks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: kiki.jpg (84KB, 613x463px) Image search: [Google]
kiki.jpg
84KB, 613x463px
Barring Miyazaki's stuff, what's some anime flicks that I can watch with my 6 y/o sister? She loved his films, especially pic related, but I don't know what else to watch with her.
>>
>>338466

If you have Netflix, you could try watching Glitter Force with her. It's actually called Pretty Cure and it's basically what little girls in Japan watch.

Could also try some Sailor Moon.

Oh, wait, do you want movies?

A Letter to Momo
Welcome to the Space Show
Little Witch Academia
Summer Wars? Maybe?
Majokko Shimai no Yoyo to Nene (Probably doesn't have a dub)
Utopa (Definitely not dubbed, but it's short and pretty child-friendly, I think)
Yobi, the Five-Tailed Fox? Maybe?
Santa Company? (I think this was a Kickstarter anime, so maybe dubbed?)

Sailor Moon also has some movies, don't know if they're dubbed. Same with Pretty Cure, but not dubbed. You could also try watching some Pokemon with her as well. Everyone seems to love the latest two seasons of it.

It's probably impossible to get a 6-year-old to watch a subbed anime, but I listed some stuff anyway just in case she has the attention span for it. Glitter Force, Sailor Moon, and Pokemon are probably the way to go, though.
>>
>>338479

Also, just in case my memory's awful, make sure to watch any of the movies you want to show her and confirm they're child-friendly. I don't know how sensitive she might be to stuff or what your parents might not want her to watch, etc..

Alsoalso, another little short is an anime called Fastening Days. It's an anime made by the company YKK and it involves zippers and stuff. It has a surprising amount of depth for both an advertisement and a child-friendly animation. I'm pretty sure both episodes are dubbed as well. I think you can find them both on Youtube. Might be wrong though.
>>
Ojamajo Doremi

Dennou Coil once she is a little older.
>>
>>338466
Cardcaptor Sakura
>>
>>338466
You could consider Winx Club. It's not an anime but looks like one.

...my little pony...
>>
>>338466
Pretty much all anime is geared towards children. Just watch any shojou anime.
>>
>>338767
yeah six year olds love bishies, rape threats, and melodrama, good call hoss

Came here to suggest A Letter to Momo, but maybe also try She and Her Cat: Everything Flows and Patema Inverted
>>
>>338703
I know they did a new dub for CCS with the recent DVD/BD release, but can you even find that online?
>>
>>338801

I was going to say Patema Inverted probably isn't the best thing for a child to watch, but the villain is so comedically evil that it probably would be fine. On the other hand, the flipped camera might be a bit too much at times. It being dubbed is certainly a plus though.

I feel like a lot of the cool stuff in the movie might be lost on a child though. Like all the flipped camera stuff, the twist, and the way the characters think of clever ways to use the different gravities. Maybe I'm not giving children enough credit, but I was an idiot as child, so.

I still am an idiot, too. It's probably fine for a child to watch.

>>338807

https://nyaa.si/view/635146

Also seems to have some DDL links in the description, but you have to sign up for the forums to even see them and they might be dead by now.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.