[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help. So, my cousin got a virus on his laptop a while back,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20170623-001615.png (524KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170623-001615.png
524KB, 720x1280px
Need help.
So, my cousin got a virus on his laptop a while back, and ever since then, whenever i startup the laptop it begins loading, and restarts. Begins loading, and restarts. Again and again. I've consulted /g/ before, but to no avail. Could you guys help me out? Pic rel, its of laptop.
It just shows the logo in sreen, no loading ring, nothing else.
>>
You will have to reinstall Windows. There are some tutorials online. If you can't do it alone just take it to a computer repair dude and pay them to.
>>
Can you at least get it into safe mode? If not it might not even be a virus, you might have a boot loading problem. Somebody erased something important or something important got corrupted and now the harddrive is strapped to shutdown over and over instead of loading. In which cases anon >>335824
is right.
>>
>>335824
How can i do that just from the startup screen?
>>
>>335810

How good are you at Win startup sequence?
Because if yay- use live. system, fiddle around with files from there. If nay- try safemode, if it doesn't work either only a reinstall remains.
>>
>>335977
Yeah no im not very good.
>>
>>335972

You boot from the install medium (usually a disc) and then install it from there.
The installer will recognise the old installation and first propose to repair it (a reinstall of the main system without formatting, all files and your personalisations remain), might as well fisrt try that. If it doesn't fix it, get a Linux live- system to together rescue everything that is important to a stick or external HDD, because the full reinstall will wipe the drive. Then fully reinstall it, this will reformat the drive and install a new clean fresh Windows system.
>>
>>335980
So i just load it up with the disc inside it?
>>
>>336269

You put in the disc either as quick as you can after turningon the machine or if you are too slow reboot with the disc inserted. Instead of loading an OS from a HDD, like Windows it will then normally allow to boot from the disc by for a few seconds displaying a menu "To boot from disc press any key".
However that will only work if the Windows is the problem, reading your OP again I am not completely sure: Are you getting to the WINDOWS startscreen an then it reboots, or do you not even get past the BIOS, meaning the ASUS screen pops up and then it directly reboots?
Because the latter would mean a hardware defect.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.