[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Memory issues? Whenever I use chrome on my laptop I noticed Chrome

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (2MB, 4362x2129px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 4362x2129px
Memory issues?
Whenever I use chrome on my laptop I noticed Chrome ends up using a shit ton of memory which ends up using 90%+ and then everything stops responding. Pretty sure it's because I have 40+ tabs most of the time with 4chanX on. Any tips on reducing memory usage? Also would appreciate it if anyone notices anything weird running in picrelated
>>
stop using chrome
>>
>>335823
this
>>
>>335883
>>335823
then what are my alternatives?
>>
>>335806
>Pretty sure it's because I have 40+ tabs most of the time with 4chanX on

That's exactly it. Chrome uses a new thread for every window or tab iirc, so 40 of then stack up at pro of being more stable. Cons and pros man.
But be aware with 40 tabs open even with firefox memory consumption will be pretty high, just not as much as with Chrome. You just have open a lot which all sits in RAM, not that much of a surprise that it takes a huge chunk in the end really...
>>
That's because Chrome is a piece of shit that bloated into worst-than-IE tier over the years.

>>335989
In short, there are none. There just isn't a good go-to browser out there anymore. You may want to use Micro$hit Edge, because apparently it's almost halfway decent. Otherwise your only real option is some Firefox derivation that isn't being "maintained" by Jewzilla.
Pale Moon is a decent choice, but if you're using 40 tabs you're going to hate the tab bar scrolling. That alone still forces me to use Iron (=Chrome without the Google jewry).
>>
>>336010

>That's because Chrome is a piece of shit that bloated into worst-than-IE tier over the years.

That's an exaggeration, Anon. Nothing is worse than IE.
>>
Forgot to mention, strangely enough, having 20+ threads open is fine, what really uses up the memory is having catalogs open with 4chanx
i.e. the /v/ and /a/ catalogs when open use up around 500mb-900mb on average
>>
>>335806
Use Firefox. It's very customizable, respects your freedoms, and the developers really aren't THAT bad unless you're /pol/-tier retarded.

>>336010
>Jewzilla

Firefox is free though. It's not like they spam ads at you and you don't have to donate or read their shitty articles.
>>
>>335806
>I have 40+ tabs most of the time with 4chanX on
isn't the point of 4chan so you don't have to have all the threads open
>>
>>336005
>Chrome uses a new thread for every window or tab

Chrome creates a new *process* for groups of tabs.

I currently have 108 tabs open, comprised of 61 processes and who knows how many threads. It's currently consuming 4GB, about half of my available RAM.

I have Flash and PDFs disabled. I close or kill tabs that consume excessive memory or CPU (like 8ch, with it's fucking animated dancing spurdo) from task manager.
>>
File: ManChuckling.jpg (17KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
ManChuckling.jpg
17KB, 413x395px
>>336292
>only having 8 gigs ram
>>
>>336293
>>only having 8 gigs ram
>>laughingadman.jpg

If I needed more memory I would buy it... but when you have 108 tabs open your problem isn't memory.
>>
>>336278
>Firefox is free
"Free" as in "free money". Not "free" as in "freedom".
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.