[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to download a torrent of an old TV show (Xiaolin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

I'm trying to download a torrent of an old TV show (Xiaolin Showdown) from The Pirate Bay, and as of this moment, it shows that there are 10 seeders. However, when I actually add the torrent, I'm not connected to any of these seeders, and I can't download anything. Is there any way I can download this torrent?
>>
Your router is blocking outgoing connections.
Forward the relevant ports.
It's also possible that your ISP is blocking bittorrent traffic.
>>
>>334886
But how can that be? I've been able to torrent stuff with a VPN just fine until now. Although I used to torrent on Windows 8.1 before I upgraded to Windows 10. Could that be a problem?
>>
>>335069
Yes, only windows 8.1 or < for torrents
>>
>>335163
So you're saying I can never torrent with Windows 10? Why would that be?
>>
>>335163
I've torrented plenty of things on Windows 10.
>>
>>334881
Try connecting to different torrents to see if it is a general issue or just specific to that torrent. If you can't connect to anything at all then it's either an issue with your client or your connection. You can try using a different client, and if you still can't connect to anything then you know something in your connection is filtering torrent connections.
>>
>>335174
You can but theres a lot of issues with the firewall and microsoft updates always fuck up your configs. I wouldnt recommend using torrents on W10 but if you really have to, start by using "utorrent 2.2.1." After that, open all pertinent ports in your firewall (you have to do a little research here). Also deactivate your Norton or whatever, completly, no exceptions. And finally make your isp isnt blocking torrents.
>>
>>335255
I have had zero issues with torrenting on Windows 10 that sounds totally bogus to me. Also rather than recommending an old version of utorrent why not use a modern, actually updated client like qbittorrent or deluge?
>>
>>335237
>>335255
I tried downloading an e-book torrent that has 425 seeders on both Transmission and qBittorrent, but I'm also not connecting to any seeders for either of them. I also tried downloading the TV show torrent using Flud on Android, and I'm also not connecting to any seeders. I don't get why this is happening. I had zero problems torrenting on Windows 8.1 before.
>>
>>335237
>>335255
I tried to download the TV show on my brother's gaming desktop. He bought it recently, and it came with Windows 10. He hasn't downgraded it or anything, and now the torrent is actually downloading. What can I do to make torrents download on my computer?
>>
>>335237
>>335255
Just to clarify, I don't have any antivirus on my computer except for Windows Defender and Malwarebytes.
>>
>>335292
>>335294
>>335289
Since it works on your brother's computer and he is presumably using the same connection then it's definitely a setting on your machine. Check and see if there's a setting in Windows Defender that's blocking torrent connections, or see if you have to grant those apps special permission to get through the firewall.
>>
>>335292
How is your brother's desktop connected to the network? Wifi or with an ethernet cord? Are you both connecting through the same router? There's a lot of possibilities here. It could be your machine, it could be your network, or it could be your router.
>>
File: Windows Firewall.png (48KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Windows Firewall.png
48KB, 1920x1080px
>>335314
I have qBittorrent allowed to communicate through Windows Firewall (pic related), and I also have the process qbittorrent.exe as a web exclusion in Malwarebytes, but I'm still not connecting to any seeders for that torrent.
>>335316
I believe he is connected to the network on Wi-Fi, and I'm pretty sure we are both connecting to the same router. We're both connected to the same Wi-Fi network. I'm not sure why my Android phone can't download this torrent either.
>>
File: Xiaolin Showdown torrent.png (174KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Xiaolin Showdown torrent.png
174KB, 1920x1080px
>>335314
I tried just turning off Windows Firewall, and now it seems to work, although I'm not getting as many seeders as the torrent says it has. Does this mean I have to disable Windows Firewall every time I want to torrent or something?
>>
>>335327
You should go to the bittorrent settings and see if you have the options to find more peers are enabled. DHT, PeX, etc. And I think from >>335320 you need to have qbittorrent have public access too.
>>
Dude, you don't need to mess with port forwarding. Your OS doesn't matter when it comes to torrenting. You can use up-to-date versions of utorrent, just check a guide to remove all the ads.
Check when the last time the torrent was updated, if there's a number there it doesn't guarantee that you'll get those exact numbers. Seeding happens when those people are online and have a torrent program open. Maybe you caught a period when those people weren't on. I've waited weeks to download a torrent that has 1 seeder because the dude was hardly on.
>>
>>335353
I think I have them enabled, but I still am only connected to 1 seeder. And apparently, allowing qBittorrent to have public access does work with Windows Firewall on. I don't get why though; I only allowed private access back when I was using Windows 8.1, and I could torrent with no problems.
>>335364
>port forwarding
I have no idea what that is. When it comes to torrenting, I just add torrents from torrent sites to my client and let them download. I've also heard that μTorrent has bitcoin miners and other bad stuff in it, so I'd rather not use that.
>>
File: qBittorrent options.png (304KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
qBittorrent options.png
304KB, 1920x1080px
>>335392
I forgot to post this image, so you can check if I might have done something wrong or something.
>>
>>335393
Then it's probably just like the other guy said, the tracker was not up to date and seeders weren't active at the time you connected. Happens on public trackers like TBP, nobody is forcing seeds so it just depends on people being generous.
>>
File: Help.png (180KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Help.png
180KB, 1920x1080px
>>335395
OK, this is getting annoying. I decided to finish downloading the torrent for the TV show the next day, so I paused it for the night. Come today, I decide to resume the torrent, and I get no seeders. I turned Windows Firewall on and off, made sure qBittorrent was allowed access through public networks, but I'm still not getting any seeders. I tried downloading a popular torrent, and I'm still not getting anything. Is this a problem with Windows 10 or something?
>>
>>335395
It still works on my brother's computer, so I went through his settings to see if he has anything configured differently. Here's what I found:

>his torrent client, Transmission, is not listed in Windows Firewall in the allow apps to communicate through Windows Firewall section
>Windows Firewall for private networks is on, but he isn't connected to any private networks, and incoming connections are not blocked
>Windows Firewall for public networks is also on, and he is connected to the home network, and incoming connections are blocked
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.