[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help with Onedrive. I'm over the storage limit and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1491908149055.jpg (55KB, 600x780px) Image search: [Google]
1491908149055.jpg
55KB, 600x780px
I need help with Onedrive. I'm over the storage limit and I desperately need to transfer all my files to a local drive and remove them from Onedrive before they start deleting my files. Everything I've tried to look up has only linked to transferring the folder but I want to remove all my files from Onedrive not move the folder. Please help thanks.
>>
I don't know if it's just me but your request doesn't seem so clear

Let me get this right.
You've got files in your OneDrive Cloud. You're over the limit. You want to get these files off OneDrive and onto your physical disk.
Can't you just download your OneDrive Folder in its entirety then delete it from the cloud?
>>
>>334296
Ah sorry but yeah you basically got it right. I was opening my Onedrive folder and grabbing everything and just moving to desktop to remove it from Onedrive but when I would do that it basically say that's not allowed. For some reason it's just not allowing me to move my Onedrive files to a different folder that has nothing to do with that service. Thanks for the response though. If nothing seems to work I might try just contacting Microsoft.
>>
what OS?
>>
if windows, if its not allowing you to move the files out of your onedrive you can try MSYS2 and cd to your onedrive folder. basically install msys2, open the msys2 shell, type
cd c:/ (or whatever drive your onedrive is on) but use this syntax
cd c:/Users/<username>/OneDrive/
then cp is for copy, mv is for move so you could
cp ./* ~/
this will put your files into the msys home directory so for example: C:\msys2\home\<username>\

once u do this you should be free to do what you will with the files.
the reason im suggesting msys is because it uses mingw which ignores windows permissions.

and make sure u get those commands exactly right because you could end up copying your whole c drive if you leave out a period or something
>>
>>334487
Thanks a lot for the help. I eventually got it to work when I switched my local account to a Microsoft one and then it basically let me move everything to my local drive after almost a full day. I don't really understand why it was so complicated but it is what it is I guess.
>>
And I'm running Windows 8.1. The files were originally saved on a Windows 10 machine.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.