[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for recs similar to: Graveyard Of Honor Deadly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: p75552_d_v8_aa.jpg (564KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p75552_d_v8_aa.jpg
564KB, 960x1440px
I'm looking for recs similar to:
Graveyard Of Honor
Deadly Outlaw Rekka
Ichi the Killer
The Doom Generation
Hesher

They don't have to be movies.
I think the best way to describe what I'm looking for is the feeling you get when reading catcher in the rye. It is kind of hard to describe, I hope someone knows what I'm talking about.

Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be gory or anything but that's a plus.
>>
I probably don't understand what you mean, but maybe:
Dolls (2002)
Oldboy (2003)
>>
>>333330
Oldboy fits into the feel of some of those films but in the way that I want.
Not really what I'm looking for. Not sure about dolls.

It's kind of a feeling of not caring at all. Kind of broken away from reality.
There aren't many scenes that could even show what I'm talking about, you would have to watch the movies to get a feel.
Trying to find some examples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0pwcGV6T4w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh783j1LyN0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLrTxCCm-lQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBoAMim_SmE

Again, what I'm looking for is pretty hard for me to describe.
Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about but it's the general feeling I get from some of these movies/characters in them.
>>
>>333352
>It's kind of a feeling of not caring at all. Kind of broken away from reality.
There's some of that in Dolls, although I saw it 10 years ago. Very slow movie though.
Fulltime Killer (2001) also has some of it but it's mostly just a weird action movie.
>>
>>333310
i'm more interested in your list, i wanted to watch other films like ichi for a while now

my contribution
the crying freeman
>>
>>333430
>i'm more interested in your list, i wanted to watch other films like ichi for a while now
probably watch more takashi miike films then
>>
>>333310
>Ichi the Killer
Have you read the manga? I'd also recommend God's Child - and maybe Journey to the End of the World - by the Nishioka siblings.
>>
>>333441
>Have you read the manga?
Not yet. Probably a good idea.
By the way, I'm taking note of every rec even if not exactly related and I'm going to check them all out.
>>333369 >>333430 >>333330
>>
Are you looking for old Tokyo Pop titles? Like peachip girl, and sharksuit man?
>>
>>333310
Try Cool Hand Luke. Not quite the same but you might like it.
>>
>>333310
>a "real life" personal journey with issues

Are you only looking for non-Western productions?
>>
File: p8898477_p_v8_aa.jpg (457KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p8898477_p_v8_aa.jpg
457KB, 960x1440px
>>333542
>>
Hmmmm

Runaway Train (1985)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089941/
>>
>>333695
We definitely need more American movies with Russian directors and Japanese writers.
>>
File: 0290329.jpg (29KB, 300x396px) Image search: [Google]
0290329.jpg
29KB, 300x396px
>>333310
I highly recommend
Visitor Q (2001)
Cold Fish (2010)

To a lesser extent
Srpski film (2010)

If it's >>333542 you're after i'd say
I Saw the Devil (2010)
>>
File: .webm (144KB, 704x468px) Image search: [Google]
.webm
144KB, 704x468px
>>333474
nice rec but doesn't exactly fit in
>>
Coldblooded (1995). Jason Priestley plays an odd role of an autistic bookie turning into an autistic assassin.

IMO it's in the list of the best movies you have never seen.
>>
>>333310
>the feeling you get when reading catcher in the rye
That the main character is a little shit? Sorry. I try to read that book about once a decade and I never make it more than a page (and I've read Journey to the End of the Night).

What about Tin Drum?
>>
>>334857
>That the main character is a little shit?
>Tin Drum
probably not desu senpai but I can see why you would think that if that is your only impression
>>
Asura-City of Madness, The Yellow Sea, The Chaser, I Saw the Devil, basically any Korean movie made in the last 15 years.
>>
File: phones.webm (692KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
phones.webm
692KB, 1280x720px
>>334862
Some promising recs.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.