[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yesterday I got a notification on a new update for amd drivers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: pc.png (16KB, 363x353px) Image search: [Google]
pc.png
16KB, 363x353px
Yesterday I got a notification on a new update for amd drivers (I dont know anything about these things) and I always download updates as soon as I see them if it looks important so I did but now my graphics card isnt working.

I got a error code 43 and I uninstalled the drivers from the device manager but that didnt work, tried using DDU too but that didnt work either.

If someone has some free time and knows about these things I would appreciate the help, I dont know what to do.
>>
>>332091
start in low res mode and then strip out the drivers
>>
>>332094
Nothing changed.
>>
>>332091
Either disable your onboard graphics completely, or update both your drivers.

You get this error when you have two GPUs, and they don't both support the same version of Windows Driver Model. It's not possible for Windows to run at two versions of WDM at the same time, so it disables one of the GPUs.
>>
>>332091
run this http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx

and then new driver or auto detect program from here

pray that the driver didn't fry up the gpu
>>
File: dfsa.png (5KB, 479x172px) Image search: [Google]
dfsa.png
5KB, 479x172px
>>332130
So that didnt worked, how fucked am I?

>>332129
I did updated the drivers.
>>
>>332137
try to run it from safe mode
>>
>>332140
Do I have to run the uninstaller again too?
>>
>>332141
yes try to run the uninstaller or DDU on safe mode, before doing anything else. Maybe remove one of the gpus, get it working and then try the other one
>>
>>332137
You need to "updated" the drivers for BOTH cards to ones of the same age.
>>
>>332142
Ok ill do that and just now my screen went black for a second and now this changed just wanted to give more info idk.

>>332143
"Update" sorry, ill do it.
>>
>>332149
seems like the r5 drivers are working, now for the r7
>>
So its working now, I uninstalled and installed the drivers again and it worked,I dont know if it worked because I switched to safe mode or because it was like the 5th time I did it but thank you for all the help to everyone who replied!!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.