[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Afternoon guys, I'm trying to save whatever media I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (28KB, 400x319px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 400x319px
Afternoon guys,

I'm trying to save whatever media I have saved on my old hard from years ago. I remember the original computer stopped working with a system 32 error. I'm hoping none of the sentimental media I have on this can be salvaged.

Hoping to find a connector and connect this hard drive to my laptop like you would an external drive and copy anything I can get from it.

Any serious advice?
>>
If it helps the model of this hard drive is a BARRACUDA ST310216A
>>
File: 1497250130641.jpg (165KB, 929x755px) Image search: [Google]
1497250130641.jpg
165KB, 929x755px
you need one of these and use the ata connector.
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 500x347px
>>330400
You need a SATA toaster, plus a short SATA extension, plus a SATA/ATA adapter.

The important bit is the SATA/ATA adapter: get one that looks like this, because it also adapts the power connection for the older drive.

You can just get a PATA enclosure, but SATA kit is cheaper because it's more common, and this setup will let you read modern SATA drives and older ATA drives.

You can add a 3.5"ATA/2.5"ATA adapter later if you need to read a disk from an old laptop.
>>
>>330403
Yeah, get that if you're only planning on reading that one drive.

It has everything you need in one kit.
>>
>>330400

>I'm hoping none of the sentimental media I have on this can be salvaged.

Then wipe it beforehand.

>>330400

>Any serious advice?

Then do it?... What exactly is your request? Where to get a connector?

Your drive is a PATA/ IDE drive, there are lots of adapters for this to USB on amazon.
If it doesn't work the drive is probably damaged, only a professional thousand dollars expensive platter scan could then rescue the data on the platter.
>>
>>330411
WOOO WOOO, ESL tech support is in the house!

>>330411
>Then wipe it beforehand.
OWNED! OP made a typo and you nailed him on it! Score!

>>330411
>What exactly is your request? Where to get a connector?
That seems very likely, given how OP wrote
>>330400
>Hoping to find a connector and connect this hard drive to my laptop like you would an external drive and copy anything I can get from it.
Do you need a hand with long sentences using multiple conjunctions?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.