[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to fix my sisters ipod. It died and when she

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: sweaty man is nervous.jpg (79KB, 300x277px) Image search: [Google]
sweaty man is nervous.jpg
79KB, 300x277px
I'm trying to fix my sisters ipod. It died and when she went to plug it in it went to the apple logo and is stuck there. I've tried a bunch of the holding button combinations and even did the thing where you update it through itunes. It went through fine with the update but when it restarted it after it went back to the same thing. Anyone know what to do? It is a 5th gen ipod touch I believe.
>>
>>328405
Do this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bITIiGswjFI

If it still doesn't work after being restored from being completely erased, then it is broken.
>>
>>328458
Is there a way to get it back without erasing it completely? She has stuff on it she would like to save if possible.
>>
>>328484
If it's already not booting, then no. It needs to boot for you to put the password in and unlock the encrypted parts of the SSD (essentially all the data on it that's not the operating system).

There is good news though: if she didn't deliberately disable iCloud backup, once you wipe it it will restore to the exact state it was in at 4am the night before it broke. If it hadn't broken, you could restore the backup onto a new iPad, iPod or iPhone and no-one would be able to tell the two apart.

iTunes backups work the same way, except you have to remember to make them.

If she did deliberately disable backup, that was really stupid, and all her data is gone.
>>
>>328500
Is it enabled by default?
>>
>>328501
It asks you when you first switch it on, and CONTINUE AND USE ICLOUD BACKUP is in huge letters in the center, and "no dont use icloud backup" is in tiny letters in the bottom-right.

In any case though, you can check by going to the iCloud website, logging in (you can use a separate email/password for iCloud and iTunes/App Store, but most
people don't), and seeing if your storage is being used by "Backup of Whoever's iPod Touch".
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.