[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I'm torrenting something and accidentally turn off my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: what does that mean.jpg (33KB, 603x301px) Image search: [Google]
what does that mean.jpg
33KB, 603x301px
If I'm torrenting something and accidentally turn off my VPN for a few seconds would that be enough for the copyright enforcement guys be able to get my real IP and send a letter to my ISP?
>>
not really, they don't care. you're a fag.
>>
>>327642
It's just that I'm on my second strike for pirating and if I get a third Mediacom will ban me for life and there's no other internet provider where I live.
>>
>>327646
If you can't afford them figuring it out, don't take the chance.

That said, it's very fucking unlikely.
>>
>>327639
iirc there are software ways to turn disable your computer's internet connection if the vpn gets disconnected so shit like this doesn't happen

or if you're really paranoid just get a seedbox
>>
>>327646
>The only ISP in the area is willing to lose a customer for no reason

lol okay

The letters are a scaretactic forced onto the ISPs by copyright holders
>>
>>327639
Yes absolutely. They just need a single packet to show you infringed their copyright.

>>327743
>>327959
They just use a computer. If it can download from you, they send you a letter. Computers don't care about split seconds.

>>327959
>The only ISP in the area is willing to lose a customer for no reason
Are you literally retarded? If they don't comply with the DMCA, they lose their common carrier exemption under it, and the copyright owner can just sue them for contributory copyright infringement. There's precedent: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/02/cox-must-pay-8m-in-fees-on-top-of-25m-jury-verdict-for-violating-dmca/ . Plus they make money on light users and lose money on heavy users, and torrenters are almost always heavy users. You would have to be an idiot to not use DMCA strikes as a pretext for firing OP as a customer.
>>
>>327987
>implying your IP is any actual proof you did the downloading

Fuck off, Rightscorp shill.
8m is fucking NOTHING to a giant like Cox, who an employee is literally quoted in your article saying
>Fuck the DMCA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnreLlWJasQ
>>
>>327639
I've got 6 letters still not blocked and still haven't downgraded my speed
>>
>>327990
Not the downloading. They get your torrent client to seed to them, which is, in-and-of-itself copyright infringement and evidence of copyright infringement. It's way easier than trying to argue that "herp, derp, he downloaded this from me"; you just say in court "this user sent me this, which is per-se a crime". And because you're civil, you only need to prove it beyond a balance of probabilities.

You literally fuck yourself.
>>
Kek i torrent shit all the time and have never used a vpn. Am i just really lucky? Do ISPs actually look for this stuff?
>>
>seeding when you have a strike already
Eh
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.