[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's say I have a 3470x2631 image I want to turn into a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Oesterreich-Ungarn_1898.jpg (2MB, 3470x2631px) Image search: [Google]
Oesterreich-Ungarn_1898.jpg
2MB, 3470x2631px
Let's say I have a 3470x2631 image I want to turn into a poster.
Do I just say "print this 1:1" or do I have to give them a size? (checked and it's circa 91 cm wide)
>>
>>325665
You have to give them a size.

Print is 300DPI, so your image will look print-quality up to 11"x8", and blocky beyond that.

If you want it poster-size, maybe find a better copy?
>>
>>325677
Wait, poster is a size already?
I just want a relatively nice looking print of the image.
>>
File: aaa.png (61KB, 472x539px) Image search: [Google]
aaa.png
61KB, 472x539px
>>325678
what do you want? quality image or large image?
if you want quality image 300 dpi is good
if you want a large image they can scale it up infinitely but the quality will be bad when it goes down below 100dpi
>>
>>325682
So what you say is I could have a good looking A3 sized image with that picture but it would get uglier.
I want a good looking mid sized one, I have around a metre on my wall for it in width.
>>
>>325683
they will scale your picture up to fit it in a larger paper (or rarely reduce the dpi of the print)
So if you double the paper size there will be some quality loss (but I doubt you'd notice unless you look from close )
>>
>>325691
Yeah, but how big is this picture exactly in centimeters?
(I'm know I sound retarded so please bear with me for a second)
>>
>>325694
the picture doesn't have an exact size in centimeters anon
if you wanted to and if you had a magic printer you could make each pixel be 1cmx1cm and then the picture would be 34mx26m

but it would look like shit from close up, obviously
>>
>>325700
This is too complicated for me.
So I just need to say what quality I want and they will do it that way.
I just don't want to say an exact width heigh number because I'm sure I would fuck up the ratios.
>>
>>325691
you can print it at 100x?? cm it will look like a decent poster, not a high quality print
>>
>>325703
no you say the size and they print at that size, we are just saying that it will look worse as the paper size grows
>>
>>325707
Then tell me what would be a decent size for this. Has to look good up close too.
I have a meter wide wall for it. (Not necessary to fill it out completely )
>>
>>325710
58.759 × 44.552 cm
>>
>>325711
I will go for that then. (Does that distort the ratios?)
>>
File: asdsadssss.png (7KB, 251x58px) Image search: [Google]
asdsadssss.png
7KB, 251x58px
>>325713
>>
>>325715
Thanks.
>>
Are you Austrian or Hungarian?
>>
>>326085
I'm Hungarian, but what does it matter to you?
>>
>>326148
Just curious
>>
>>326375
Hanging up a Greater Hungary map would be too patriotic and I don't want to be associated with the turulfaggots role-playing as horse archers.
And a small Hungary map has no reason to be up there and the Vienna awarda borders are simply associated with nazis too much.

This is nice and historical.
>>
>>325665
DPI = Dots Per Inch

The usual minimum DPI for print is 150, although for a poster you're not looking at too closely, 100 DPI could be okay.

The print size (poster size) is determined by the DPI, which YOU specify to the printer.

> @ 150 DPI
3470 pixels = 23.13 in. = 58.78 cm
2631 pixels = 17.54 in. = 44.55 cm

> @ 100 DPI
3470 pixels = 34.70 in. = 88.14 cm
2631 pixels = 26.31 in. = 66.83 cm

The 100 DPI dimensions above (~88x67 cm) are close to your stated size (circa 91 cm wide).

Reducing the DPI to 97 gets the print size to ~91x73 cm.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.