[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, I've never been on this board so forgive me if I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 18434.jpg (19KB, 487x281px) Image search: [Google]
18434.jpg
19KB, 487x281px
Hi, I've never been on this board so forgive me if I'm in the wrong place but I need urgent help with my computer. It had been running slow for some time so I decided to factory reset/reinstall Windows to make it better. But when I did this it kept coming to this screen during installation saying "your computer restarted or encountered an error" or something along those lines, and I would click "ok" on the screen and it would restart the computer. But it would just keep coming back to the same popup screen. So I looked online a bit ago and a few websites said to pull up command prompt and change a few things, which I did. It made the error message go away, but the computer is still infinitely restarting during the installation process. It's not responding to anything I try to do. Please help :(
>>
I followed the instructions to this site which brought me to where I am now. Stuck in an infinite reboot loop with it saying windows is installing at 64%

http://heresjaken.com/the-computer-restarted-unexpectedly-or-encountered-an-unexpected-error-during-installation-of-windows/
>>
>>321422
Which version of Windows?
Did you make a recovery CD beforehand?
If not, and you have the OS DVD, just pop it in and it will boot from CD drive and you can repair.
You might also be able to download the ISO, depending on your version of Windows.
>>
>>321452
The version is Windows 10. The laptop was given to me from a friend and I do not have the OS DVD. :( What's an ISO? I'm completely stuck in this loop and it's unresponsive. How would I download something. And also, even if I did have an OS DVD, would I just pop it in? Or are there any other special things I must do?
>>
>>321458
Do you have access to another computer
>>
You can't fix your problem without another, working WinX machine.

An ISO is a disk image. You could download that from Microsoft, and install it, but I'm guessing you're going to run into the license key / registration problem.

So use another Win10 machine to "create installation media for another PC". Google that. You can boot that from a thumb drive and have it repair your laptop.
>>
>>321466
>>
>>321458
So what you need is access to another computer and a 4 gb usb drive .
Depending if you don't care about downloading illegal versions of Windows , you can download it from a torrent site , if you care, make sure you can see the key on the laptop and go to MS site and download an iso file of whatever version key you own, after you get the file , download isotousb it's a free program , make a bootable usb drive with the iso file , just do a fresh install , probs your best bet.
>>
>>321468
>>321466
Jesus christ, you two.

Windows 10 has a free download called the "Windows 10 Media Creation Tool" which runs on any Windows machine and automatically makes a working windows 10 install USB or DVD. If you visit the download page with a non-windows machine, it gives you a direct link to an ISO. There is absolutely no reason to ever torrent Windows 10, and if you do, chances are it'll include some extras added by the uploader.

>>321468
>>321466
The other new thing about Windows 10 (actually, really, Windows 8, and all other Windowses that weren't made before twenty-fucking-eleven) is that the product key is stored in your BIOS, so you don't need to know it to install Windows. You just press "I don't have a product key", and the installer gets it from your computer. If you've upgraded to Windows 10, the process is the same, but Windows downloads the product key from Microsoft after you boot.

Literally the only time you need to enter a product key is when you actually bought a product key.

>>321422
OP, if your computer is absolutely shagged, get a blank DVD or a 4GB USB stick, put it in any working Windows PC, and google "windows 10 media creation tool". Run the tool, write windows 10 to your media, and put it in your shagged computer. Figure out how to boot off it, then try using the installer to repair your windows install by "reset"ing it. If that doesn't work, you can do a clean install: when it asks for a product key say you don't have one, and when it boots it will activate itself off the product key stored in your computer, and download any missing drivers off the internet.
>>
>>321422
What is the make and model of your computer?

A lot of computers that come with Windows 10 have their own recovery media hidden on the drive, and to access it you need to press a special button, or even stick a pin in a hole in the side. If your computer does have a recovery button, that will let you avoid all this mess.
>>
>>321479
Alright so I just stick in the USB while it's doing the stupid ass loop? Will it recognize the USB and go from there?
>>
>>321492
You probably need to press DEL, or F12, or similar while it's booting, then tell it to boot from the USB not the disk.
>>
>>321492
And if anything says it's going to delete your files, then it's going to delete your files.

Clean-installing Windows doesn't delete your files, but it does move them into c:\windows.old\
>>
>>321479
>Jesus christ, you two.
>Windows 10 has a free download called the "Windows 10 Media Creation Tool"

>>use another Win10 machine to "create installation media for another PC"

That's what I said, shit weasel.
>>
>>321479
>>321466
>>321495

Thank you everyone for the help!
>>
>>321498
Yeah, no you didn't. You seemed to think it was something you needed Windows 10 for, whereas in fact it works on any Windows PC, and if the website detects that you won't be able to run the tool, it sends you an ISO instead.

You also seemed to think you needed to enter a valid product key before it gave you an ISO, like with Windows 7.

So no, that's not what you said at all, and shame on you for picking the least wrong thing you said and trying to spin it to save face, when this is an anonymous board, and you could just have scrolled down and not been wrong next time the subject came up.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.