[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, my acer Aspire V won't start. When I press the power

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170520_010108.jpg (4MB, 4864x2736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170520_010108.jpg
4MB, 4864x2736px
Hey, my acer Aspire V won't start. When I press the power button, the fan spins for a few seconds and the HDD clicks and then it all stops and it goes silent. Only one blue light remains lit. It was working perfectly until now, and suddenly it turned off and the problem started. I have tried holding the power button down for a few minutes and trying to start it, I have cleaned the inside and tried again, and it still doesn't start. I'm out of ideas.
I need help please.
>>
>>317951

Does it have a beeper?
>>
>>317955
Nope
>>
>>317951

Remove the HDD, DVD Drive, & RAM
Plug in the power lead
Turn on

What happens?
>>
>>317965

Also remove the WiFi card.
>>
>>317964

So the BIOS cannot give you a signal what's wrong. Some kind of hardware failure but without a message you can just try what it could be. RAM, storage, disc drives.... Each of them could be the failure one.
>>
>>317965
>>317966
>>317968

I'll try this tomorrow and update. So basically remove one component at a time until it works?
>>
>>317987
Most computers can't function at all without RAM. I have no idea why you were asked to remove it and not replace it with anything.
>>
>>317987

With everyting that CAN be removed. There are components that must be replaced or the computer won't work anyway. RAM is the best example, a computer witout detected RAM starts beeping and then does nothing anymore.
Alternative is to get a beeper if the board has pins for one too.
Was literally the first thing I did with my PC, get a little beeper and install it. It's a stupid trend to not have these anymore, a beeper is always a good thing to have, so satisfying heaaring your computer signalising ALL CLEAR when starting.
>>
>>317991

To see if the fault changes, obviously.

If it beeps or flashes lights without RAM then we know that the thing isn't a brick.

>>317987

No, remove everything, note beeps or flashing lights. If nothing happens then your BIOS isn't running.

If you get beeps or flashing lights, add one component at a time, starting with the RAM. Note beeps or flashing lights at every stage.

Report back.
>>
>>318174

He doesn't HAVE a beeper though and light flashing is not a given with BIOSes.
That's the problem.
>>
>>318218

>He doesn't HAVE a beeper though

We don't KNOW that, just because most laptops don't have a beeper and his laptop didn't beep, doesn't mean this one doesn't and I can't be arsed to look it up.

>and light flashing is not a given with BIOSes

If it doesn't have a beeper, as you maintain, it will likely have flashing lights.

Are you here to help OP or wave your huge dick around?
>>
>>318174
Removed everything, nothing changed.
>>
>>318298

So, You removed the HDD, DVD Drive, WiFi Card, & RAM.

Did you remove the battery? I ask because this looks like a power issue now.

Just to be sure, the caps lock light and/or the Num Lock light are not flashing? The power light is on?
>>
>>318419
Not flashing, power light on, removing the battery doesn't change anything.
>>
>>318746

One final test; disconnect your screen and turn the laptop on. Obviously you won't see if the system boots but the fan will continue to turn if the screen is the problem.

If there is still no change it looks like you have a power fail, something on you mobo is cutting the power and not even your BIOS is running by the sound of it. Then it's time to take it in to get a free quote for repair.

Unless any other Anon knows Aspire Laptops intimately and can shed new light on the issue?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.