[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i need to draw a square wave that's symmetric about 0V

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: graphs.png (4KB, 512x506px) Image search: [Google]
graphs.png
4KB, 512x506px
i need to draw a square wave that's symmetric about 0V

can someone tell me which graph is correct? graph a or graph b?
>>
File: 1464154213699.png (2KB, 335x236px) Image search: [Google]
1464154213699.png
2KB, 335x236px
>>315528
neither dumbass learn how waves work
>>
>>315531
what's the difference between that and my first graph?
>>
>>315528
Obviously b.
Both wave at (-t) and (t) mirror each other.
>>
>>315543
>>315528
Oops wrong answer. It's a since you said at 0V
>>
File: graphs2.png (110KB, 1251x923px) Image search: [Google]
graphs2.png
110KB, 1251x923px
Thanks for the confirmation

For the next part of the question i need to draw a sine wave that has three times the freqeuncy of the square wave with an amplitude of 2.

my logic was the the first wave has a period of 2, so it's frequency would be 0.5.
3 * 0.5 = 1.5 = 3/2
frequency of 3/2 = period of 2/3 = 0.667
Can someone confirm if my sine wave is correct? i tired it match it up with my first wave as well as i could
>>
still need some help. i have another question after this which is to add the square and sine waves
>>
Finale
>>
File: choppped_sine.jpg (93KB, 1644x925px) Image search: [Google]
choppped_sine.jpg
93KB, 1644x925px
>>315881
The graph of the plotted sum of the square and sine waves that you refer to looks like this. HTH

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=plot+:+3(squarewave%5B0.5x%5D)+%2B+(2sin(6%CF%80x))+for+-3%3C%3D+x+%3C+3
>>
>>315906
I see. Could you explain why it's 6pi and not 3pi?
>>
>>315950
The basic mathematical function expressing a "sine wave" is y = A sin( 2πx),

..... because there are 2π radian (and I emphasize: it is TWO pi rad. in one full cycle, not just π rad ) and, like it or not, the radian is the true "unit" or "dimension" of angular measure.

Some of the images you post indicate that your coursework involves electrical / electronic / competences

[ specifically, you show ( V,t ) rather than ( x,y ) on some of your waveforms / graphs ]

..... and you may be aware that the general form of a sine wave is often given as:

v = Vmax sin ( ω t ); ..... where: ω = 2πf ; i.e.

v = Vmax sin ( 2π f t );

..... again, it is: ω = 2πf; because there are 2π rad. in 360° or "one full cycle" of the waveform.

In the event that it had been more convenient to make the degree the "true" basic unit of angular measure, the formula would have been:

v = Vmax sin ( 360 f t ); .

.... because there are 360° in one full cycle or 2π radian; but (believe me) there are VERY GOOD reasons why the radian is the preferred unit for virtually all forms of serious mathematics, science, engineering, etc..

Incidentally, your previous posts indicate that you are taking your course-work very seriously, and it is clear that you are working hard on it; [keep up the good work!].

--
Best wishes - Majikthise.
>>
>>315973
Thank you!
The period of the square wave is 2. So it's frequency is 1/2.
The sine wave has a frequency 3 times that of the square wave
3*(1/2) = 3/2
(3/2)*2π = 3π
Which is why I drew a sine wave with a frequency of 3π. Is this incorrect?
>>
File: Revised_graph.jpg (75KB, 1651x929px) Image search: [Google]
Revised_graph.jpg
75KB, 1651x929px
>>315977
>>
>>315977
Quote: "The period of the square wave is 2. So it's frequency is 1/2. ...";
Yes, I see that clearly on your earlier post;
Quote: "... The sine wave has a frequency 3 times that of the square wave ...";
I agree, and that is also specified in an earlier post;
Quote: "... 3*(1/2) = 3/2 ...";
Yes,
Quote: "... (3/2)*2π = 3π ...";
Yes, and my apologies, as I now realise that I SHOULD have used 3π rather than 6π when I used Wolfram to construct my previous image, so I will take this opportunity to correct MY mistake!
Quote: "... Which is why I drew a sine wave with a frequency of 3π. Is this incorrect? ";
No, the FREQUENCY is 1.5, and when it is multiplied by 2π we get the ANGULAR VELOCITY: ω = 3π.
>>
>>316014
Perfect! Everything makes sense now!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.