[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a fantasy adventure anime with a look and feel similar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 0.png (511KB, 832x1023px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
511KB, 832x1023px
Is there a fantasy adventure anime with a look and feel similar to the "toon" Zelda games (Wind Waker, Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass)? Something with similar cartoony visuals, full of vibrant colors, creatively designed characters, and a memorable world?

It doesn't have to follow Zelda's formula of "big bad wants to destroy the world and only the chosen one can save it" in terms of story. Actually, it would make for a more interesting watch if it did something more creative than that. However, as long as the lighthearted, happy tone, and a feeling of epic adventure those games have are both present, I'll be fine with something more standard. One thing, though - overarching plot and good pacing is a must. I'll be binge watching this series, so any sort of bad pacing or overabundance of filler is going to make it a really tiresome experience.

If it helps in any way, the closest thing I can think of that fits what I'm looking for would be Wakfu. I know, it's not an anime, but it's a good reference point imo, since it was heavily inspired by anime.

Last but not least, make sure your suggestions are a complete, self-contained experience, meaning all of the episodes have already aired, there's no sequel in the works that I have to wait for, and the series ends in a conclusive way, requiring no manga to be read from me to get the full story.

Thanks in advance for the help, kind anons.
>>
So in short you want stylized fantasy adventure games
>>
>>312519
I forgot to add: I remember a zelda blog or fansite that had reveiws on zelda clones and I remember a couple that were kind of cartoony.

Also try Monument valley if you have an android device.
>>
>>312519
>>312521

I want anime that feels like Zelda, not games.
>>
>>312423
Love Live! School Idol Project
>>
>>312538
Do you post it in literally every anime request? Because it seems like you do..
>>
>>312541
Only when there's no interesting request to fulfill and I'm bored.
>>
>>312544
So my request isn't interesting? :(
>>
>>312545
I just don't do anime requests.
>>
>>312546
Fair enough.
>>
File: Kaiba.jpg (42KB, 430x430px) Image search: [Google]
Kaiba.jpg
42KB, 430x430px
I'm currently rewatching the anime Kaiba and it meets some of the criteria of your request. The characters are stylized and the world is colorful. The main character even looks a little bit like toon link. However, the story is quite weird and doesn't feel like a zelda game at all, only some parts of the visuals. Great music though.
>>
>>312563
I have it on my Plan To Watch and plan to give it a go one day, but I don't think it's the thing I'm looking for right now, as it only meets the cartoony visuals criteria, while in itself being a completely different thing. Still, thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it.
>>
>>312423
Kyousougiga, maybe. It fits most of your requirements, except it's more about family than adventure.
>>
>>312638
I have it on my MAL, so I gave it a look. What criteria does it fit, other than colourful, slightly cartoony visuals? Because from what I read about it it's a sci-fi story taking place in some Neo-Tokyo kind of thing. Couldn't be any less like Zelda if you ask me.
>>
File: Popolocrois Monogatari.jpg (43KB, 220x341px) Image search: [Google]
Popolocrois Monogatari.jpg
43KB, 220x341px
>>312423 >>312535
<
>>
>>312758
Perfect! /wsr/ does not disappoint, as always. Thank you very much, anon.
>>
>>312733
It's fairly lighthearted and has an interesting world. It's not really sci-fi, more like Japanese Alice in Wonderland. I haven't played Zelda, but it seems to match your description.

You could also try Tweeny Witches (Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu). It mostly fits, except the colors are darker.
>>
deltora quest
danmachi
>>
>>312939
>I haven't played Zelda
There's the problem. Sure, Kyousou Giga matches my description in a purely technical sense, but it doesn't fit the overall vision of what I'm looking for. You see, Zelda games are mainly high fantasy titles, each with a very fairytale-ish feel and a strong sense of adventure to it. In each game the story is pretty standard "save the world" stuff, but where they shine is the atmosphere and the worldbuilding. Despite every game being similar to one another, guys at Nintendo always make each one unique in its own way by giving them a twist and style of their own, mostly in terms of visual design, which is always far from your typical anime fantasy.

>Tweeny Witches (Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu)

I had a look at it. Seems way more fitting than Kyousou Giga and looks like it might be a nice watch. I'll add it to my MAL. Thanks.

>>312941
I don't like any of these. They seem like a generic, a-dime-a-dozen fantasy anime, lacking a charm of their own.
>>
File: LinkArt.jpg (224KB, 1079x1181px) Image search: [Google]
LinkArt.jpg
224KB, 1079x1181px
Pretty Hot
>>
>>312969
Ooookay...
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.