/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I do something? The temperature is reaching 73 C without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 11

File: coretemp.png (125KB, 1821x917px) Image search: [Google]
coretemp.png
125KB, 1821x917px
Should I do something? The temperature is reaching 73 C without me doing much stuff. YouTube clips are stopping a little because of that.
>>
>>308811
Might have some serious dust to clean/thermal paste to replace
>>
>>308811

Posiibilites:

a. Dust
Clean your computer and vacuum the fucker

b. Thermal paste degraded
apply new paste to your processor, though if it is the boxed cooler those pad things are typically dsigned for a whole PC life.

3. Cooler fan not working anymore
Already checked for that? A fan may be broken and not turn anymore.
>>
File: wp_ss_20170502_0002.png (484KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20170502_0002.png
484KB, 1280x720px
Mydude if you are not planning on frying that thing in the near future myman you should get your temps straight myboy
Pronto mynigga
>>
>>308811
You've probably got the stock cooler, and it's probably clogged up.

Get a thin stick, turn the PC off, and poke it through the fan and push all the dust out the slots between the metal heatsink.

Don't take the heatsink off unless you have the materials to clean the old thermal paste off it and put new thermal paste on.
>>
>>308827
Don't be dumb, 70c isn't even dangerous territory. A computer will shut itself down if it's actually getting too hot.
Not that this applies here but AMD chips don't even have heat sensors.

OP, like others have stated. Check dust buildup inside and out. Check all fans, if you have high RPM fans on your case those are going to suck up dust like a motherfucker.

Ensure vents are clear of any outside blockage, move it away from a wall if it's next to it. Try and keep your computer off the floor.

Also, the temperature of your room is a factor.
>>
>>308811
That temperature is normal unless the motherboard temp also hit that figure. Just clean your dust or apply new thermal paste.
>>
>>309264
>>309054
You both couldn't be more wrong.

72 degrees* is the processor's maximum case temperature, the temperature beyond which the processor's throttling logic will suspend the clock to stop it overheating.

Even overlooking that it's about twenty degrees too hot for a 73W processor with stock cooling, the fact that it's at TCase means that it's throttling, and OP isn't getting the performance he paid for because the processor is spending time with its clock switched off.

* remember, these are real degrees, not yank degrees
>>
File: wp_ss_20170504_0001.png (6KB, 623x96px) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20170504_0001.png
6KB, 623x96px
>>309054
Please kys. If idle 70c and tcase is 72.5c where is your headroom?
>>
>>309271
>>309291
>actually thinking going above Tcase is dangerous

0.001 shekels have been deposited into your Intel account

He's perfectly fucking fine, stop trying to scaremonger anon.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1800828/intel-temperature-guide.html
>>
>>308811
Yes, that is warm for idle, especially on an i3.

Check that the fan is spinning proper. Remount CPU heatsink. If the case is tight, consider getting a new case. (48C is also a bit warm for an idle motherboard - might be the whole case.)

Also get HWMonitor - free, more details, like fan speed.
>>
>>309291
Fucking nowhere, that's the point.

If it's idling at TCase, that means that if you ask for 100% you don't get 100%, instead you get throttling.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 750x529px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 750x529px
>>309300
>http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1800828/intel-temperature-guide.html
So having a "Heavy Load" temperature when the processor is idle is "fine", is it?
>>
>>309300
You know that tjunction is approx 5degrees hotter then tcase, right?
>>
>>309303
I know that that is your point my man. No sane person would think that 70c for an intel i3 is a normal temp while ideling.
>>
>>309306
Of course not. You are on the right path. Intels are ideling around 40 degrees celcius (!)
Maybe some burgers are confusing it with their shitty degrees of whateverthefuck
>>
File: lulno.png (10KB, 439x341px) Image search: [Google]
lulno.png
10KB, 439x341px
>>309300
Here's an older, less-efficient processor with larger transistors and a higher TDP being run flat-out with stock cooling in a SFF case.

70 degrees even at full load is pretty bad for a desktop; 70 degrees at idle is absolutely not normal and should cause concern.
>>
>>308811
Let's see your temps in another program like core temp or hwmonitor (package temp is what you should look at)
>>
>>309316
I have a fx 8120 eight core 125W running idle at around 35 degrees celcius. Full load: 50.
Those chips are known for their heat production. Also two graphicscards producing around 75degrees each raising the case temp.
So thats that
>>
>>309320
Btw this chip is overclocked to 4.4 ghz. Corsair h100.
>>
>>309319
Do you have any evidence that OpenHarwareMonitor reports incorrect temperatures?
>>
>>309324
I never said anything like it. I do not know this program. If we want to rule out any error we should double check the numbers. That's all
>>
>>309330
I think you're going to have to do better than "I speculate without any evidence that the numbers are possibly wrong because I disagree with them".
>>
>>309336
Your implying is impressive.
I never said anything about not believing in the numbers or the program. Stop it please and let the rest of try and find OPs problem.
>>
>>309340
Sure you did. You literally said that in >>309319.

I can't shake the feeling that if I jump through your hoop, you'll just come up with a new spurious excuse and another ridiculous task.

The ball's in your court: show me evidence that open hardware monitor is not reliable, and I'll show you the same numbers in something else.

If you can't make any case that open hardware monitor doesn't reflect reality, you should reasonably conclude that it does.
>>
>>309336
You must be new to computers and temperature reading if you do not double check with a different program or bios data.
>>
>>309344
You are a strange man.
>>
>>309344
Look, i am just trying to help here. I am not going to post a google link with the keywords: Open hardware monitor reading error because you can search that for yourself.
I really just wanted to rule out ,like i already said, any(!) reading error
>>
>>309346
The Intel digital temperature sensor and the hardware that reads it is in the processor package itself (and has been since the Core2), and so long as you read it directly it's literally impossible for the BIOS (or anything else) to change what it says. It's designed to always read the same and correctly so that the processor can rely upon it when it makes decisions about turbo boost, emergency throttling, emergency shutdown, etc.

The procedure is literally as simple as 1) read hardware register, 2) convert from degrees below TJMax into degrees above zero*.

The only way you can fuck it up is by getting the TJMax of the processor wrong, but this would result in the same fuckup for an entire family of processors, and it would be a pretty obvious bug.

* http://web.mit.edu/freebsd/head/sys/dev/coretemp/coretemp.c
>>
>>309353
There's such a thing as being too skeptical, and I think when you're not prepared to just accept statements like

>>308811
>The temperature is reaching 73 C without me doing much stuff
and
>>308811
>YouTube clips are stopping a little because of that.

You've probably reached that point.
>>
>>309360
You are concluding that OP already knows why his youtube is stuttering or stopping. Share your informations with me. I am in a position where i have not much information but try my best to help and that is my way of ruling out mistakes by asking for more information.
Just to be clear here i already told OP to get his temps down. If everything is lime OP said his cpu is getting way too hot. So why are you arguing with me?
Hwmonitor is some mb of a file.takes no effort to download and install.
>>
File: temps.png (5KB, 464x72px) Image search: [Google]
temps.png
5KB, 464x72px
>>309360
Tem temperature is dropping and getting high like 10 degrees at once, and I am not watching YouTube videos or whatever right now. I am not opening and closing programs also.

It's all set. I'll clean the dust of the chassins and cooler soon.
Hey, thanks everybody! When I finish I'll post the temps here.
>>
>>309366
Would you mind taking a pic of all the dust in your fans?
>>
>>309371
Will do.
>>
>>309353
That is an allright thinking especiallywhen it comes to computers, but in this case we should not forget that OP is already SEEING the effects that would be causd by this, he is under load already experiencing the throttling, YT clips are stopping because of that as the processor takes safety pauses, that makes the reading pretty trustworthy.
>>
Done and done.

The maximum temperature is now 50 degrees.

Thank you lads!

I'll post pictures, soon.

All this bullshit gave me a BSOD. I had to clean the memories. My antivirus stopped working, the mouse stopped working and the network adapter too. But it's all good now. And I am reinstalling the antivirus. Sandboxie gave me a strange message, saying that it didn't recognized the user ID.
>>
File: whoa0.jpg (168KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
whoa0.jpg
168KB, 720x1280px
Here we go.
>>
File: whoa1.jpg (130KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
whoa1.jpg
130KB, 1280x720px
The good news is that I didn't had to change the thermal compound.
>>
File: whoa2.jpg (131KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
whoa2.jpg
131KB, 1280x720px
Minimum: 39 degress
Maximum: 57 degress

I'm set now. It changed at userBenchmark from sail boat to jet ski.
>>
File: befoafte.png (16KB, 471x279px) Image search: [Google]
befoafte.png
16KB, 471x279px
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.