[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm very fond of the horror genre, but I can't find

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: ito-ito.jpg (43KB, 400x434px) Image search: [Google]
ito-ito.jpg
43KB, 400x434px
I'm very fond of the horror genre, but I can't find any good horror anime/manga. Most of the stuff that's get recognition (Elfen Lied, Corpse Party, Mirai Nikki.) are not really scary or even good. I've read the Higurashi and Umineko series and most of Junji Ito's work.
>>
Aoi Bungaku Series, Haven't got round to watching it myself but might be what your looking for.
>>
Really you can't expect a whole lot from anime when it comes to horror. Probably best you can get is elements of horror in titles that are not explicitly horror, rather than searching specifically for it.
As recommended Aoi Bungaku is one.
Try Lain, one of the best examples I've encountered in fiction to evoke a feeling of paranoia.
Texhnolyze maybe (really more super oppressive than scary but beggars can't be choosers).
I suppose Shinsekai Yori could be said to have horror elements. Don't go expecting constant scares though. Pretty great anime otherwise but take this recommendation with a grain of salt.
If you can count thriller/mystery then Perfect Blue and Paranoia Agent from Satoshi Kon.
People often say Monster is scary. I like it a lot but personally didn't really feel it that much. It's worth a look into in any case though.

For "actual" horror there's Ayakashi and it's spinoff Mononoke.

For manga, Hideshi Hino is a classic author. Try also Fuan no Tane and Left Hand of God Right Hand of Devil.
Suehiro Maruo is amazing. Mind, it's mostly ero guro, in case that isn't your thing.
>>
File: 1475328054209.jpg (97KB, 985x615px) Image search: [Google]
1475328054209.jpg
97KB, 985x615px
I haven't seen it but I've heard Shiki is decent
>>
>>307183
>I want to be disturbed

Kago Shintaro.
>>
File: yttwo[1].jpg (58KB, 444x330px) Image search: [Google]
yttwo[1].jpg
58KB, 444x330px
>>307183

Iczer-1
Wicked City
Genocyber

Those are the only worthwhile horror anime.

Seriously, don't bother with anything else unless you're up for some major cringe. There might be better offerings for manga but I'm not quite sure myself.
>>
File: 1476848026457.jpg (1MB, 898x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1476848026457.jpg
1MB, 898x1280px
>>307183
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O8ijfNpidU
>>
>>307183
The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery. The series follows five recently graduated university students who have formed a company which specializes in dealing with the dead and their last wishes.

It has horror and a lot of dark humour.
>>
>>307183
Cossette no Shouzou

The anime is a brief introduction to the series but is a lot more cryptic and surreal

The manga is more extensive but is much less abstract and unfortunately it falls victim to a lot of tropes and conventions, but it's not awful

I'd say watch the anime for sure for the amazing infernal imagery, read the manga if you like what you see
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.