[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a battle-oriented anime where the fights have the p

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 0.jpg (713KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
713KB, 1920x1080px
Is there a battle-oriented anime where the fights have the pacing, speed, and level of style and viciousness of a character action game? Something where the characters don't spend any time monologuing, screaming at each other, or having 10-minute flashbacks, and instead actually fight each other, resolving any plot points basically inbetween the blows?

https://youtu.be/QxmSePGOcYc?t=212
Here's a good example of what I'd like the fights to be like.

Make sure your suggestions are not episodic (i.e. have an overarching plot) and are a complete, self-contained experience. All of the episodes have already aired, there's no sequel in the works that I have to wait for, and the series ends in a conclusive way, requiring no manga to be read from me to get the full story.
>>
>>306416
For some reason, the timestamp on the video doesn't want to work properly. Skip to 3:30 for the actual fight to begin.
>>
good luck
>>
File: 1469622591857.jpg (176KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1469622591857.jpg
176KB, 1024x576px
There is a Kill La Kill shaped hole inside of your heart, anon, and it is time to fill it.
>>
>>306924
I've already tried filling this hole with Kill la Kill. Unfortunately, it's animation quality made it quite rough around the edges. Because of that it didn't want to stay inside that hole for long before falling out, despite me putting it back in a couple of times.

Non metaphorical version: I tried it, but didn't like the animation quality. I tried giving it a chance numerous times, but always kept dropping it relatively early because I didn't enjoy it due to the already mentioned animation quality.
>>
>>306979
I think you mean "style", not "quality".

You may not like it, but that doesn't make it not good.
>>
>>307032
Doesn't matter if it's style or quality. Whatever it was, it made the whole thing seem choppy as fuck.

So, any suggestions? Or are we just gonna derail this thread into an argument about Kill la Kill? Because if it's gonna be the latter then I'm leaving.
>>
You might try One Punch Man.

It might not have the tone you're looking for, since it's mostly a comedy, but the fights are all excellently animated and coriographed, and can be very intense.

There's a little bit of monologing, but you'd be hard pressed to find any action anime without that. OPM has less than most.
>>
>>306416
Samurai Champloo has at times very vicious fights. There are dialogues before and during fights but they are mostly inquiring by nature.

I feel for you. I myself have been looking for properly tactical fight scenes and they seem to be scarce in anime. There are some here and there, but are mostly one-off and centered around specific events in a given anime.

Toriko (of all possible shows) has straightforward action in almost every episode, but then again it is so fantastical that those fights are hard to take as a proper combat scenes.
>>
>>307064
>It might not have the tone you're looking for

There isnÄ…t really any specific tone I'm looking for. It can be something dark and edgy, or it can be goofy and lighthearted, as long as it has the kind of fights I'm looking for.

I've been told by my friends to watch OPM all the time, so I guess now is the time I finally get to watch it.

>>307071
I've already seen Samurai Champloo. I didn't like it very much due to its episodic nature, but the fights were alright.

>Toriko (of all possible shows) has straightforward action in almost every episode, but then again it is so fantastical that those fights are hard to take as a proper combat scenes.

What do you mean by that, exactly?
>>
>>307116
>What do you mean by that, exactly?
Over-the-top machismo (so macho it's almost gay), superpowers, mindless screaming, weirdness of environment that is basically impossible to relate with. No actual tactical approach in fighting, just smashing through.

No unnecessary philosophies, only straightforward adventuring, tracking, hunting, fighting, cooking, eating and drinking. Toriko is distinctively an anime where you put your brains on the shelf before watching the show.

That is my take on this anime. Yes it's episodic.
>>
>>307129
>Over-the-top machismo (so macho it's almost gay), superpowers, mindless screaming, weirdness of environment that is basically impossible to relate with. No actual tactical approach in fighting, just smashing through.

Did you just describe JoJo to me?
>>
>>307130
>Did you just describe JoJo to me?

Certain parts are at times quite interchangeable.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.