[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are all the 8622 substances contained in a cigarrete? Where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: whats-in-a-cigarette1.jpg (148KB, 1101x791px) Image search: [Google]
whats-in-a-cigarette1.jpg
148KB, 1101x791px
What are all the 8622 substances contained in a cigarrete? Where can I find that list?
>>
Pretty sure there's more like 450,000 substances.
>>
>>306111
where did you come up with that number? It's awfully specific. There are plenty of sites talking about the various chemicals in cigarettes though.
>>
>>306127
>O número pode chegar a 8.622 se também forem considerados os compostos presentes na folha do tabaco e os aditivos industriais.
>The number can reach 8622 if we consider the tobacco leaf and industrial chemicals.

This freaking article:
http://mundoestranho.abril.com.br/saude/quais-sao-as-mais-de-47-mil-substancias-toxicas-no-cigarro/

I'm trying to find Fernanda Salla's (the author) e-mail address to ask her directly. Meanwhile I hope someone can give me at least a very big list of substances contained in a cigarette.
>>
>>306111
> types "list of substances in a cigarette"
> first result

http://www.quitsmokingsupport.com/whatsinit.htm

is that enough?
>>
>>306629
Maybe I fucked up somehow, but where's the list?
>>
>>306643
they don't list them all by name, apart from:

Ammonia, Angelica root extract, Arsenic, Benzene, Butane, Carbon monoxide, Cadmium, Cyanide, DDT (why the hell they'd put this in cigarettes is anybody's guess), Ethyl Furoate, Lead, Formaldehyde, Methoprene, Megastigmatrienone, Maltitol, Napthalene, Methyl isocyanate, Polonium (SERIOUSLY YOU GUYS, WHAT THE CHRIST?)...

to be honest, 8622 sounds like kind of a lot. what they probably meant that there was a list of things found in different cigarettes and that list had 8622 things in it. i'd be very suprised if anyone managed to get all of them into one cigarette. anyone who tried to smoke it would probably explode.
>>
I'm not sure if you're in the US (it seems you're probably from a Spanish speaking country), but there are actually limited ingredients that can go into cigarettes

https://www.verywell.com/big-tobaccos-list-of-599-cigarette-additives-2824422

You might notice that while this contains stuff like "caffeine", "seed oil", "ammonia", and "myrrh", there's nothing like cyanide on there.

Here's how the trick works.
#1: Count everything multiple times. If you have water, that's three chemicals: hydrogen, oxygen, and water.
#2: Instead of listing everything in one cigarette, list everything in every cigarette and imply that's in any cigarette. E.g.: while different brands have different compositions, imply each cigarette has everything from all of them
#3: Don't go by official recipe lists. In the same way that you could probably eventually find a twinkie that got exposed to polonium if you searched over the US, antismoking groups do this for cigarettes. They have nothing better to do anyway than test every cigarette they can in hopes of finding something new.
#4: Don't go just by what's in it, but what's synthesized by it. So, for instance, not just what's in the cigarette but what forms after it's burned.

I don't smoke personally, but I've been annoyed by the lies these companies put out for years. Probably because their commercials play back to back to back during latenight hours on TV.
>>
>>306682
I'm from Brazil (a portuguese speaking country).

Man... I can't thank you enough for this red pill. I've already sent an e-mail to the author of the article. Let us see what she'll say. Now I know the truth.
>>
>>306682
this is the truth. but smoking is a blight anyway so i don't really care
>>
>>306682
>not just what's in the cigarette but what forms after it's burned.
Seems legit: I've never seen anyone burn a cigarette then inhale what comes out.
>>
File: we-love-chemicals-620-450x636.jpg (70KB, 450x636px) Image search: [Google]
we-love-chemicals-620-450x636.jpg
70KB, 450x636px
>>306682
>>306111
The list is on Wikipedia too. The constant propaganda about "tar in cigarettes" (etc.) and what they actually mean (combustion products create a chemical product chemically identical to tar) and all this other bullshit. Pic related to see how dishonest this sort of shit is.

No, I don't smoke either.
>>
>>307190
"tar" was invented by the tobacco industry because the regulators said they had to say how much sludge came out of cigarettes so the
consumer could make an informed choice between brands, and so they had to call the sludge something, and they decided "tar" was suitably euphemistic.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.