[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Howdy y'all. I'll cut to the chase. Recently, my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Howdy y'all.

I'll cut to the chase. Recently, my computer has been giving me the Blue Screen Of Death quite frequently. At first, it was only when playing games, but now it'll just happen out of nowhere. Each time it happens, it's a different error. I took microcenter, where I bought the parts, and they informed me that a simple mobo replacement should correct it. I did exactly as they said and it still blue screens, even more so than it did previously.

So, does anyone here have any idea what else could be the issue? I've taken it to Geek Squad as well and they sperged out, and I'd rather not take it into Microcenter again just to pay them for something I can do myself.

Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated!

>pic unrelated
>>
Have you tried turning it off, and not bothering to turn it on again?

..... Usually gets rid of the BSOD, in my rather limited experience.
>>
>>305392
>a simple mobo replacement should correct it.

to my mind, that's like a "simple heart/lung transplant" or a "simple mars colonization program".

i would have tried swapping out the components one at a time, starting with the memory. it's expensive, i know, and awkward when the bluescreens seem to be random, but memory faults can cause them.

windows 7? it has a memory testing thing built into it. try that.
>>
>>305878
I guess you're not very good at swapping motherboards.

Unplug, unplug, unplug, unplug, unplug
Unscrew, unscrew, unscrew, unscrew
Put them side-by-side on the bench and transfer CPU, RAM, heatsink
Screw, screw, screw, screw, screw
Plug, plug, plug, plug, plug
Done

There's nothing to do with assembling computers that isn't now "simple". It's not the '80s and computers are legos now.
>>
>>305392
>At first, it was only when playing games,
probably a problem with the graphics card
take that out and use the computer for a bit, see if it still has bluescreen issues. if the problem goes away, that means the issue was with the graphics card and you need to buy a new one

also make sure it's not overheating or anything
>>
If you could, also snap a pic of the bsod itself and post that.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.