[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For fuck sake is there any good image viewer? Acdsee 10 ultimate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: candy keybord.gif (129KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
candy keybord.gif
129KB, 500x385px
For fuck sake is there any good image viewer?

Acdsee 10 ultimate is has this fun but infuriating issue where when I press down, it starts slow then goes fast, instead of fast all around, then to add to that they revamped the way you use favorites so its no longer a quick and easy menu. not to mention for me it lags like a motherfucker
acdsee 8/pro from 2003 has fantastic control and feel but has a horrible crashing issue that is unfixable, I would use this over 10 but litteraly no one has the files anymore and my copy is on gmail in this fun 'we wont let you download this for security reasons' files.
xnview would have been an alternative if it opened files in zip/rar without sending individual files to a fucking temp folder unable to open new ones.
faststone would have been perfect if it would read fucking zip or rar's
Jesus fucking christ how is software getting worse and worse?

Anyone know of something I haven't looked at that is not a pain in the ass to use to read files in rip and rars like the were folders?
>>
>>304089

I don't know if these don't do what you're complaining about, but most people seem to recommend Honeyview or CDisplay for viewing images.

Maybe they're not what you want though.
>>
>>304089
I typically use Honeyview as the anon above me said. I've never used it to directly read compressed files though.
>>
>>304089
mcomix
>>
>>304089

Image Viewer? IrfanView!
Personally I think it's really really REALLY good.
>>
>>304089
I have used IrfanView for windows since the day of it's launch. There is no better one viewer that can do those other small tasks too without resorting to Gimp or Photoshop.

Remember to download those plugins as well. Very helpful stuff.
>>
>>304209
>>304195
problem there is I don't extract the files, they stay in rar and zip just for the ease of moving them around when I organize them, irfanview would be great if I extracted them, unless they added the ability to look into rar and zip files.

My main problem with most alternatives is I don't want to associate rar or zip to them, as I use them as much outside of comics and I do reading them.

literally all someone would need to do is make a program that sees inside rar and zip files and allows you to full screen and browse the images, and there you go, but fucking everyone stops 1/4th the way or 1/2 the way to something great.

most alternatives also don't have file browsers, so i'm stuck with closing and re opening the viewer each chapter, and in a 300+ chapter marathon that's a fucking nightmare, or use the open file file browser which is cancer.
>>
>>304215
For your last point, in Honeyview if you hit the bracket keys [] you can go to the next folder which saves some time.
>>
>>304215

Sounds like you'd like Honeyview then.

You can customize it on what it does at the end of a folder or zip/rar/etc. file, and I think the default is to just go to the next thing in the folder.

You can also "unlock" the top bar and the navigation bar, so that when you fullscreen it, all you see is the picture(s). There's also several view methods, such as "fit to width" where it will resize the image down to the width of your screen, which I like to use when reading manga.
>>
>>304215

Files in a zip or any archive can only be (pre)viewed when they have been extracted, that is inherent. When not extracting by hand that is done in a temp folder in the background. If you can do it with other programs then you just don't see it. So might as well just do it when needed and then use IrfanView at the folder.
>>
>>304215
mcomix
>>
>>304089
>infuriating issue where when I press down, it starts slow then goes fast, instead of fast all around

is it possible that this is less an issue with acdsee and perhaps something to do with your keyboard repeat rate settings?

otherwise, consider irfanview.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.