[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I dont have any friends to ask and I trust people here. I bought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: DUSTER.jpg (51KB, 468x650px) Image search: [Google]
DUSTER.jpg
51KB, 468x650px
I dont have any friends to ask and I trust people here. I bought this canned air to clean my PC but before I was going to clean my PC I was just playing with it spraying it on my desk and it left behind like white residue that went away instantly. Now I just wanna know if thats normal or if its actually some sort of liquid thatll fuck up my PC? Its the brand in the pic but I couldnt find the exact one Im using.
>>
>>302919
thats from when you hold it to close just keep a distance from parts when spraying
>>
>>302919
thats just nitrogen from holding it too close
>>
>>302919
It's not really air, it's an alcohol that evaporates really quickly.

What's supposed to happen is that it evaporates out the tin when you press the button, and only a gas comes out, but if you:

- press it too long
- deliberately refrigerate it
- spray it upside down

The liquid alcohol will spray out instead of a gas. This quickly evaporates too, but it will make the surface it's sprayed on so cold that ice crystals condense out the air, which is the "white residue" you're seeing.

Also if you spray it too close, the same cooling effect happens with just the gas.
>>
if you don't hold it upright the liquid propellent will come out instead. the propellet gets really cold when the pressure is released as it comes out of the nozzle so it freezes the moisture in the air. the only damage will be from any water drops left when frozen moisture melts.
>>
>>302919
please be careful when cleaning out your computer . do not try do blow dust inside the machine and components. you don't want dust and dirt squeezed in every corner.
have a vaccum ready to suck up all the loose dirt. don't go too close with the nozzle.
take your time.
unplug your machine.
good luck my friend.
>>
>>302973
Never use a vacuum. The air passing the tip of the nozzle works like the belt in a van de graaff generator, efficiently producing static to destroy your PC.
>>
>>302973
wut? dont use a vacuum cleaner, dust it off with compressed air in the open
>>
>>302981
in my 20 something years of computers i never vandegraaffed a pc!
a small brush and a vaccum wont hurt nobody.
>>
>>302994
>>302981
are you guys using a anti static wristband when working on your machines ? do you were socks at home? maybe have carpets ?
>>
>>303006
i dont think ive written anything even remotely related to static discharges on >>302994

its much easier to knock off and aspirate components with a vacuum cleaner tip than it is with just blowing compressed air on the components. besides, blowing will yeld much cleaner results than sucking (err... no pun intended)
>>
>>303020
blowing canned air into a box full of dust at home ? i don't get it.
moving the computer outside brings high risks of dropping it.
>>
>>303026
>at home
see >>302994
>in the open

>>303026
>moving the computer outside brings high risks of dropping it
>high risks of dropping it
>dropping it
kek
dont go outside, you might fall and break a hip
>>
>>302919
>I trust people here
>>
If you use it on or near fans, hold them in place so they don't spin.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.