[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The last few times I've tried turning on my computer, I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1492752994051.jpg (2MB, 5376x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1492752994051.jpg
2MB, 5376x3024px
The last few times I've tried turning on my computer, I see this glitchy pixelated mess after the Windows logo pops up, and after a little while my monitor just turns off.

What's your diagnosis, /wsr/?
>>
>>301134
monitor prolly broke
>>
>>301134
Graphics card is dead.

>>301154
You can test this by switching on the PC and not the monitor, leaving it a while, and then turning the monitor on.

If the monitor "prolly broke", you'll see the login screen and then the shitting-up process will start.

If it's a problem with the PC, you won't see a picture at all.
>>
>>301134
The best way to diagnose hardware problems is to have spare parts. It could be a result of failure anywhere from your gpu to the drive your OS is on, or not be a hardware problem at all.

Eliminate the common problems. First, try different cables. If a second HDMI gives you the same problem, you know it's not the HDMI cable. Then try a VGA cable or something. If it's still fucky, you'll know that it's neither the HDMI port in your card nor monitor, so it could be somewhere else. Then try it with another monitor. Maybe a tv if you don't have one. Still borked, you'll know it's something in your computer. Try booting from a live USB with ubuntu or some shit. If it doesn't fuck up there, it's a problem with software or your drive. Then you can try a new drive with a fresh install and up to date drivers.

Obviously, it'll take some time and resources but the more possibilities you eliminate, the closer to the answer you are, or at the least, the more info we have to help you
>>
>>301134
Make sure your graphics card is perfectly in the slot. You can also take it out and clean the contacts with ethanol. Helped me once with very similar problem, so I'd give it a shot.
>>
>>301265
>ethanol
This.

I know a guy who cleaned card contacts with nail polish remover, which is acetone. It dissolved some of the plastic of the card and made a thin plastic film on the contact surfaces. It was a weird problem to figure out.
>>
>>301134
All the other anons here pretty much covered how to fix yours. If that doesn't work, you might end up having to replace some stuff. Also, be sure to check any warranties you might have on the products you have.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.