[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone I know wants to buy a laptop with the following specifications:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 0S5spVm.jpg (83KB, 566x393px) Image search: [Google]
0S5spVm.jpg
83KB, 566x393px
Someone I know wants to buy a laptop with the following specifications:
-Price is no more than 1500 Euros
-Weight is no more than 2 kg
-Durability against shocks (she drops it a lot)
-Should last for the next 4-5 years
-At least has a quad-core CPU
-Warranty and customer service should be good

It doesn’t matter if the OS is Mac or Windows, she wants something that Just Werks™. The intended use is for school and work specially with applications like ArcGIS, CAD, and Microsoft Office. And of course the occasional normy stuff like social media and youtubing and such.
Can you recommend the ultimate laptop in that price range?
>>
>>300144
Take a look at the Thinkpad guide. Something like the T430 has configurations which should fit.
The older Thinkpads are among the sturdiest laptops to exist. You can drop them, spill beer on them, and they will still life.
You can get a laptop to her specifications for less than $500 if you take a look at the guides and look around for a while.

http://ktgee.net/post/49423737148/thinkpad-guide
>>
>>300144
Not wanting to be an ass, but just a normal, QUIET, cool running business laptop is her choice. I say it again: Business laptop.

She doesn't need Getac outdoors gear. Milspec is enough, and those are usually stock ThinkPads or other upper end business machines.

But what she Really Needs is a handy external backup storage that is practically always attached to her laptop.

If she really is a person prone to get into accidents with hardware, this is what she needs. She really needs an easy handy way to make backups, and she needs to make a habit of it.

I know a couple of this kind of people around me. Normal stuff is sufficient, plus the readiness to restore the lost work.
>>
>>300228
Now when I'm at it, may I add:

Wireless headphones and wireless mouse. For obvious reasons.

The charger plug should be of straight type, so that when she trips into the charger wire, the straight plug has better changes to pop off from the laptop than the angled type.
>>
>>300155
>>300228
>>300232
Thank you all for the tips, a ThinkPad does look like it is sturdy as it gets when it comes to laptops.
>>
>>300232
Kek jesus christ, how retarded is she?
>ARCGIS
Oh, she's one of them. nvm
>>
>>300232
Thinkpad charger ports are on the end of a long wire, and held into the case by a soft metal bracket that's intended to deform.

If you drop your thinkpad on its charger port (I did once because I'm a dumbass), the bracket bends to save the port, and all you have to do is unplug the keyboard (two screws), unscrew the bracket, bend it back into shape, and put everything back together. Five minutes to repair what would have killed my Latitude.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.