[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anime that's as good as Neon Genesis, especially the movie.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 07 - KGEFoBB.jpg (155KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
07 - KGEFoBB.jpg
155KB, 1920x1080px
anime that's as good as Neon Genesis, especially the movie. This was the first anime I watched, it was perfect. I'll consider anything if you liked genesis and think its worth the watch. Not necessarily mecha but I liked the action. Is one punch man a meme ?
>>
>>298503
If Eva is your first anime I take you never watched Death Note?
It's a thriller and doesn't have that much action, but it's one of these "entry" anime that everyone likes.
One Punch Man is fun too, but it doesn't take itself seriously at all (in case that's what you're after). It's a fun mix of bad comedy and action. Worth watching too, at least the first episode.
>>
>>298503
for series similar to eva Serial Experiments Lain is usually recommend but i think FLCL and Gurren Lagann are better recs since you liked the action (both made by Gainax same studio as Eva)
also try some classics like Akira, Ninja Scroll, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell.
>Is one punch man a meme ?
i couldn't finished ep 1 tbqh,
>>
Evangelion is the best anime has to offer as a medium. Don't even bother with anything else; it's just juvenile garbage.
>>
>>298515
Really? My favorite parts were the character arcs, and psychological stuff. Also the mythology as a whole.
>>
>>298522
I'm serious. Everything else is just either sexual exploitation, edginess for the sake of edginess, nonsensical writing that doesn't even make sense for the creators themselves, or dumb over-the-top action (all the recommendations in this thread fall into one of more of the above).
Evangelion was an accident that never got emulated.

If you want to experience something as good, you need to explore other mediums, like western animation.
Samurai Jack and Avatar: The Last Airbender are more your alley.
>>
>>298533
>Samurai Jack and Avatar: The Last Airbender
I was almost believing you actually believed what you were saying until this line.
>>298522
You will get a lot of mixed reviews and a lot of trolling in this board. Just watch the first three episodes of a series you think you might like and see if you want to continue. You got a few recommendations here already. Two-three episodes of anime is just one hour of watching. Pretty much one episode of a western series.
If you want a list of "top-rated" anime (with debatable scores), you can just take a look at this website that a lot of anime watchers use to follow their animu:
https://myanimelist.net/topanime.php
Click on the ""top"" shows and see if the synopsis interests you. Don't bother with Gintama though, it's shit.
>>
>>298535
I'm right and you know it. Just look at your post: "check the top rated show, except the top one because it's shit"

OP already watched Evangelion; he doesn't need to bother anymore with a medium for teenagers and mentally stunted adults.
>>
>>298544
If you somehow think Eva isn't aimed at otaku then you are massively deluded. Eva is THE otaku anime, it's the pinnacle of otaku anime. It has fan service, it has giant robots, it has meaningless symbolism layered on top of trite psychological dissections of its characters, it takes all those precious cliches that otaku are more familiar with than the members of their own family and distorts them in ways only otaku could ever appreciate. I would go so far as to say that any non-otaku who claims to love Eva and thinks its genius is just a poseur who has no idea why Eva is so praised and only pays it lip service to fit in.
>>
I tought Eva was the best thing that has come from Japan for like 4 years but recently i watched Legend of the galactic heroes and soon it became my favorite anime, you should watch it
>>
>>298503
Berserk
>>
>>298503
Madoka>Eva
>>
File: harime nu-anon.png (224KB, 1200x3075px) Image search: [Google]
harime nu-anon.png
224KB, 1200x3075px
>>298544
Fuck off /co/.
>>
>>298503
NGE was heavily inspired by Mobile Suit Gundam and Space Runaway Ideon so watch those
>>
>>298755
Fuck off /pol/
>>
>>298751
>>298749
These are on my list
>>298673

I'll check this out too
>>
>>298769
>everyone that disagrees with me is /pol/
>proving the chart right
go jerk off to legend of korra lol
>>
>>298777
>everyone that disagrees with /pol/ is automatically a black SJW furry lesbian
>>
File: Kyubey5.png (238KB, 500x432px) Image search: [Google]
Kyubey5.png
238KB, 500x432px
>>298822
You are a faggot.
>>
>>298503
I consider NGE my favorite anime. I liked the puzzle-like storytelling and setting, the psychoanalysis of the characters and unique visual direction. For other anime that use this kind of formula but apply it to another genre I would recommend:
Serial Experiments Lain - Cyberpunk
Revolutionary Girl Utena - Romance/Fairy Tales
Haibane Renmei - Afterlife
The Maxx - Superheroes

Berserk and Madoka are great but don't go as in depth with the characters and the roots of their behaviours and have more straight forward storytelling.
>>
>>298755
why did you waste time inventing a new boogie man that doesnt exist when we already have enough to go around?
>>
>>299047
Kill yourself. Useless cunt.
>>
>>298755
Now that's what I call edgy.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.