[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im planning on making a gaming computer. I only have a i7 core

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2016-12-25-15-17-05.png (522KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-25-15-17-05.png
522KB, 720x1280px
Im planning on making a gaming computer. I only have a i7 core processor. Anyone whos good with computers reccomend me parts?
>>
>>298280
For graphics cards, look up performance/price ratio charts and buy something in your price range. Make sure it's compatible with your processor.
For motherboards, make sure it works with your processor. Outside of that it should be chill.
For RAM, get 8GB (or 16GB if you wanna have more shit open at once). Motherboards come with two slots for ram by default, so get 2x4GB or 2x8GB based on your choice.
For a PSU, calculate the combined wattage requirements of all these parts (there's tools online or something), then buy a PSU that provides at least that much power, if not more for security.
>>
>>298282
and read product reviews, then you're good.
>>
>a i7 core processor
which model? because its important to chose the proper socket. also, just because it says i7 in the name does not mean its a good one
>>
The i7 core is a i7-7700k. I heard from other people that the core is pretty good. So i decided to buy it
>>
Also does the caseing (the box) matter?
>>
>>298288
>i7-7700k
you will need a socket lga 1151 motherboard
>https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?N=100007627%20600567584&IsNodeId=1&Submit=ENE
its just a matter of which price point and features you want

>>298290
that depends, if you are not planing on overclocking, then any case will do. if you want to mildly overclock then just an aftermarket cpu cooler should be enough. if you plan on either overclock quite a bit and/or the whole system you need to take into consideration air flows, and thus a good case will matter
>>
>>298322
>No, if he's going for 8GB he should just get a 8GB RAM straight away instead of two 4GB, that way he can upgrade to 16GB in the future and not waste the two 4GB ones.

>i7
>single-channel RAM

That's absolutely retarded and you should leave this thread for even suggesting it.

Giving a dual-channel chipset only one DIMM will half the memory bandwidth and severely reduce perfomance. If you're sincerely telling someone to install unmatched DIMMs, you are an imbecile and you need to stop posting shit advice here.
>>
>>298325
I apologize and proceed to get out.
>>
>>298288
>>298280
See, you could do all that donkeywork yourself, or you could just go to PCPartPicker, tell it the part you do have, view the PCs other people have built, sort by "highest rated" and filter by what your budget is.

https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/VKx9TW#sort=a1
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.