[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Don't own PC >Know nothing about PC's >Don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

>Don't own PC
>Know nothing about PC's
>Don't have $1000 spare to buy gaming PC
>Only interested in getting PC for CS:GO and some other Steam games

What should I do? Can you get PC's cheap?
>>
>>298106
Bump cos I've got this problem as well
>>
>>298106
You can play CS:GO on a fairly cheap machine, but the more FPS you have, the better.
The game uses 3 - 4 threads and is fairly low impact on the GPU.
So if you have the money, I'd buy an i5 7600 and a Z270 or H270 board with 16GB of DDR4 around 3000MHz. For 1080p, and GPU along the lines of RX480/GTX1050Ti should easily suffice. Which mainboard you chose is irrelevant; get the cheapest with all theconnectivity options you want. Just remember, you can only overclock Intel CPUs if you use a K-CPU on a board with Z chipset.
I know people playing the game on much worse hardware though.
If you are really pressed for budget, maybe get a used i5 2500K on a Z68 or P67 board with 8GB of DDR3. You can get these three parts for around $80-120.
If the power bill is no issue, you could get an older high end GPU, like a GTX580, which are aviable for around $60, sometimes lower.

I also recommend investing at least $60 in a decent power supply, maybe a BeQuiet E9 or something, around 500-600W should suffice. If you buy a 7000 series CPU and a GTX10xx you can easily get away with 450. Even a good PSU can die, but a good PSU will only kill itself while a bad one might kill your entire PC, and your house, and you in your sleep.
>>
>>298130
Cheers Anon, you've pretty much covered everything I needed to know :)
>>
>>298130
If he's not gonna be into gaming alot, he definately doesn't need 16GB of ram. Most games never go near 8.
>>
>>298106
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3123449/hardware/cheap-but-good-how-to-build-a-budget-pc-for-under-300.html
>>
I'm pretty sure you could play CSGO off the integrated graphics of your CPU if you want to save even more cash
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.