[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For owners of "A Glow of Candles, A Unicorn's Eye"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 2292101._UY445_SS445_.jpg (38KB, 445x445px) Image search: [Google]
2292101._UY445_SS445_.jpg
38KB, 445x445px
I'm interested in a (good quality) photo or a scan of the novel's first page, or, more precisely, of what follows after these words:
>> It is a forgetting of years, to keep me from weeping

If you'd be so generous as to scan the full book for free or point out where I could get such a scan, I'd be even more thankful. Buying a paperback copy would be pointless in this case, since it'd take a lot of time for it to be delivered to my Bumfuck.
>>
File: tfw.jpg (288KB, 576x491px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
288KB, 576x491px
>>297806
Well, let's bump it a couple of times to be safe...
>>
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/foreignfiction/index.php?s=A%20Glow%20of%20Candles,%20A%20Unicorn%27s%20Eye%20&f_lang=0&f_columns=0&f_ext=0&f_group=1
>>
>>297890
Thanks. I, however, am not quite satisfied. You see, our small community of amateur and not-so-amateur translators has a bit of doubt regarding the skill of the typesetter who made this book available for computers. Some quite unusual contraptions, such as "prologues device," make us wonder if there was nothing lost of the original, so my request still stands. Moreover, your link reinforced my own doubts, as there seems to be quite a lot of results of poor text recognition, like in the page 18 of the .pdf file.
>>
>>297958
If you'd mentioned from the beginning that you have the public scans and were hoping for better scans to translate from, that would've been nice. That said, the first couple pages aren't that difficult to figure out:

>It is a forgetting of years, to keep me from weeping.
>Because the secret is out.
>Has been, in fact, since the first evening I presented this prologue's device -not original, but originally apt.
>No secret, then.
>But I like the beard anyway.
>And so did my Helena, whose hair -such hair! -was once so wonderfully long.
>Attend then -or so says the script I no longer need to guide me -but before you decide where applause is warranted, be sure that you understand, be sure that you know exactly what you are applauding. We are still, after all, and in the last sight of the law, criminals, you know. I nearly murdered, and she nearly surrendered.
>And I think that they will catch up with us at the last. Not because we have escaped and were pardoned. But because we have escaped and have been free.

Why are you in such a rush, that you couldn't wait for the book to arrive?
>>
>>298008
Sorry, didn't think about it. Thank you.

>> Why are you in such a rush, that you couldn't wait for the book to arrive?
It's quite possible that a month or two (knowing our mail services, I personally wouldn't be surprised if it took more than that) would be more than enough for everyone to stop caring about this issue or even the novel itself if recognition artifacts make it impossible to translate correctly.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.