[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's a pretty interesting problem for you gents. So there's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: download.png (1KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
1KB, 225x225px
Here's a pretty interesting problem for you gents.

So there's an important photo I saved from someone else's facebook profile back in 2013. Fastforward to now, and I realise I dont know where the heck that photo is gone now. It's buried deep in my hard drive somewhere (its the same one I've been using). But I don't know where.

I can't redownload the photo, because the user deleted it ( and that's a whole other story). So the copy on my computer is the only remaining one.

Stuff I've tried:

>Searching my computer
But the filename was a bunch of numbers and I obviously dont know the exact filename. Typing *.jpg in the searchbar returns me around 2000+ images which I can't be assed to sift through.

>Viewing my download history:
Can't find any record, it was way back in 2013 after all, I must have cleared Chrome's history a thousand times since then.

>Recovery software (in case I accidently deleted it)
Same problem as the first one, I don't know the exact filename so I can't find it among the sea of images.

I'm gonna take another crack at this tomorrow morning. In the meantime, is there any way I can find out what the hell my computer did to this photo from 4 years ago? Or any software online I can use?
>>
>>296757
If you didn't rename it, it will be called

*_*_*.jpg or *_*_*_*.jpg

Search for that in Windows, and view as thumbnails to save time.
>>
>>296757

Not sure exactly what tool you can use for this. But look for a program that allows you to search with regular expressions. And then it'd be just a matter of searching dor something like

> (\d+_)+\d+\.jpg
>>
>>296760
Thanks, will try it out
>>
>>296764
What does the /d represent?
>>
>>296772

A digit number. But I was looking at some of the pictures I saved from facebook and I noticed that they ended in n

So a facebook picture looks something liker 1224_12345_1234_n.jpg

Search *_*_*_n.jpg like >>296760 mentioned or look for a program that searches with regular expressions and use

> (\d_)+_n\.jpg
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.