[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I spend too much time on the computer, and don't have very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: CjGFZ6tWUAAV7TJ.jpg (43KB, 600x392px) Image search: [Google]
CjGFZ6tWUAAV7TJ.jpg
43KB, 600x392px
I spend too much time on the computer, and don't have very good self-control. Is there any way to lock myself out from Windows, for a custom set period of time? I have important things to do in my life, and I'm not accomplishing anything. It's depressing as all hell :(

I tried the StayFocusd Chrome extension to block me from websites, but i can still get around the block by disabling the extension. I need something more effective that can't be tampered with until the time expires.
>>
File: kEqxuVr.gif (901KB, 250x173px) Image search: [Google]
kEqxuVr.gif
901KB, 250x173px
bump
>>
You could physically put your computer in a time-activated safe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time-delay_combination_locks

From a quick google search, there are safes with time locks available in the $50 range. If you can't find one big enough for your computer at a reasonable price, buy a small time-activated safe, get some container with a normal (key) lock that will fit your computer, then lock your computer in the container and put the keys in the time safe.
>>
File: 1382975083267.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1382975083267.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>294965
not a bad idea, but im lookin for a software type solution lol. thanks for the suggestion tho
>>
Well you can set it through windows but it's pointless since you can just disable it yourself.
>>
>>294469
There's nothing that YOU can install on your computer without YOU being able to uninstall/bypass it later.

You could get a buddy or a parent to set it up for you and have them know a password that you don't or something.
>>
>>294979
I don't think software is gonna work, I'm exactly like you so I know what's gonna happen. At some point you are gonna be so immersed in something online that you figure its worth it to turn the software off "just for a bit", and once you do it once there's nothing keeping you from doing it again and again until you stop using it all together. It has happened to me multiple times.

I don't know if we have the same personality, but I'm generally much more productive when other people are around to keep me honest. It can be family, friends, or even internet friends. Just another person around that knows what you're up and who you won't be able to rationalize your procrastination to.

The safe is a solid idea too.
>>
I don't care I'll take any recommendations you might be able to give. At this point, something is far better than nothing. I know safemode exists, but I usually don't enter that unless there's a real problem. And if disabling or removing it would alter the registry or windows in a negative way, I would avoid it altogether.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.