[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>time to install w7 >install seems successful >wait

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: 1487724266864.png (187KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487724266864.png
187KB, 600x600px
>time to install w7
>install seems successful
>wait for it to do it's startup shit
>come back 4 hours later, still on that flashing windows logo screen
>wait a couple more hours
>nothing new

Good thing it's on my secondary laptop. I got nothing on what the reason might be
>>
File: 1487715358248.jpg (135KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487715358248.jpg
135KB, 600x600px
Oh, forgot to ask: wat do?

Have another woomy
>>
>>293990
restart and try install/repair?
>>
>>293993
Just did that 2 hours ago, no luck :(
>>
>>293990
driver incompatibilty problem. its installing the wrong drivers. fix: startup in safe mode and disable the device drivers, reboot and manually update the devices drivers.
>>
>>294011
Tried booting in safe mode, stuck on the same screen. If it helps, I'm using the ultimatex86 version
>>
>>293990
https://neosmart.net/wiki/fix-mbr/
>>
>>294066
Will do when I get back home today
>>
Just in case, how do I go back to W10? I'm not too knowledgeable with dual booting and google is not helping me

>>294066
Reading further upon this, I realize the siutation I am in with money that is telling me not to go with this sadly. Any other alternatives?
>>
File: C5OtQnYUcAEfmy0.jpg (59KB, 700x898px) Image search: [Google]
C5OtQnYUcAEfmy0.jpg
59KB, 700x898px
Bump
>>
>>294205
It doesn't cost anything, as long as you have the installation DVD for Windows 7 you can fix you Master Boot Record, which is probably preventing you from booting. Doesn't otuch your primary partition.
>>
>>294205
>how do I go back to w10?
- if you changed it from UEFI to legacy to get w7 to try to boot, change it back
- boot off w10 media
- move everything in c:\windows.old\ to where it's supposed to go (move everything that's in the way into some other directory)
- reboot off w10 media
- startup repair
- done
>>
>>294066
>>294779
Windows 10 machines use a GPT, boot UEFI, and don't have an MBR.
>>
File: 52d6ffae62de6ea8a7b751384fd08b93.jpg (591KB, 1169x848px) Image search: [Google]
52d6ffae62de6ea8a7b751384fd08b93.jpg
591KB, 1169x848px
Update: I got it to work now but now I'm getting this. Tried a different ISO copy and it's also saying there aren't any device drivers. Any solutions?
>>
>>294933
Windows 7 doesn't support XHCI, so the installer can't operate any of the USB ports to read its own media after taking control of the hardware from the BIOS.

You need to do one of the following:

- Install a PCI[e] EHCI controller
- Boot off a DVD, not a USB
- Install an edition of Windows that isn't seven years old
>>
File: MOE.png (367KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
MOE.png
367KB, 1024x768px
>>294944
Just for clarification, I can just burn my ISO to a blank CD correct? Also, since this laptop is just a test before I do it on my main PC, I won't actually need a pci controller will I? (z170 micro board)

Also, if anyone has it an older edition would be very well helpful to have right now
>>
>>294948
Well, a blank DVD will do if you don't have any 480-minute CDs kicking about.

>>294948
>Also, since this laptop is just a test before I do it on my main PC, I won't actually need a pci controller will I? (z170 micro board)
z170 is Skylake as well, and has the exact same issue.

There are no XHCI drivers for Windows 7 Installer, but there are XHCI drivers for Windows 7 once it's installed. The problem is, though, that until you install these drivers you can't access any USB ports, so you need some way to get them on the computer that isn't a USB stick.
>>
>>294952
Sounds backwards as hell, but I probably shouldn't be surprised. So my only choice is to buy either a DVD reader or a PCI controller for my main PC now?

Are there really any newer installers for W7 out there post-09? Where can I find one?
>>
>>294969
You could ask Microsoft to write you one. I guess they haven't bothered, because they were too busy writing Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.

You could also ask Intel nicely if they'd help you out and write some USB drivers for an installer for an OS that was released in 2009 and is now in extended support.

You do know Windows 7 is the old one and Windows 10 is the new one, right?
>>
>>294976
Oh, I know that. I thought you meant like an installer version of W7 or something of the likes

I'm stuck on W10 for the meantime I guess. I could try asking for help, probably
>>
>>294978
I've never tried it, but in principle you can install it on an older computer, then swap the hard disk the first time Windows Setup wants to reboot.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.