[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, how do I disable the recommendations in youtube? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: youtube.png (427KB, 959x535px) Image search: [Google]
youtube.png
427KB, 959x535px
Hey guys, how do I disable the recommendations in youtube? I recently transitioned from Opera to Firefox and this shit started appearing.
>>
i have no idea what
>recommendations
are in youtube (evn checking, what i assume is the same video [same title & length] i get none of that). do you mean annotations?
anyway, install ublock origin, and if that is not enough then ill give you some blocking rules to permanently disable annotations (and whatever else you might want, subtitles, etc.) on any video
>>
>>293018
The best thing to do is remove Firefox and go back to Opera
>>
>>293079

I dont know what's the exact name for it. You see it in the image. Anyway, I already have uBlock origin installed.
>>
>>293117
the only thing remotely similar to that i can see is the end screen with the videos you might want to play next (if autoplay is disabled), but your is on the middle of the video in pause, so i dont think its that. that does look like some sort of playlist. do you have some plugin to change the sidebar with the next/related videos onto the player?
i dont think i can help you if im unable to reproduce this. can you open the ublock origin logger, select "all" on the tab combo-box, click on the downward arrows bellow that combo-box to expand the requests, reload that youtube page till that thing-a-magig pops up and export/copy the logged requests onto a pastebin or something?
>>
>>293018
this might be google doing A/B testing on you, i've never seen it before
>>
>>293228
I'm not OP but this shit started popping up on me, too, in that last two weeks. I'm also using Firefoix.
>>
I have Firefox and uBlock Origin, I've never seen these in Youtube on my browser. I didn't even know those were a thing.
>>
>>293511
Not OP but I have Chrome and uBlock and I get these
Even the mobile app has something similar now
>>
so, uh, no one is gonna post an http request log of a youtube video page loading?
>>
>>293018
>using firefox vanilla
use viewtube
>>
>>293228
>>293079
>>293187
>>293621
This shit only appears when you're watching videos embedded on other sites
>>
>>294094
finally someone who chimes in with some good info, thank you!
(embed videos, no wonder i never saw that, i mostly click on the stuff that links to the youtube page for the video)

add these to your filter list, op:
##.ytp-pause-overlay
##.ytp-suggestions

i would make a more general rule but the injection of those thing-a-magigs happens on base.js, so, no dice that way and you can only hide them

hf
>>
>>294094
Thank you! Im not OP but i had the same problem. Now its gone :D THANKS!
>>
>>294182
ay it worked, thanks m8
>>
>>294182
Thanks, not the OP but got this fixed
>>
>>293018
i just added custom element hiding rules to adblock to deal with those

##div.iv-branding
##div.iv-promo
##div.branding-img
##div.ytp-pause-overlay

(the last one is specifically for the thing you want I think)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.