[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello! I've decided that this is the year that I'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Anime!.jpg (740KB, 2212x1257px) Image search: [Google]
Anime!.jpg
740KB, 2212x1257px
Hello!

I've decided that this is the year that I'll get into anime. What are some recommendations? I've seen Miyazaki stuff, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop...the stuff most people casually have. Where should I go next? Is Naruto a good starter series? Any help/suggestions appreciated.
>>
you had me going until you asked if naruto is a good starter series
>>
>>291416
I wasn't trying to get anyone going. I really don't know and I see a lot of shit posted about it and know there are a lot of fans.
>>
>>291420
Do not get into Naruto.
Just do not.
What kind of regular tv shows do you like, anon?
>>
>>291413
If you want some general stuff then:
Serial Experiments Lain
Angel's Egg
Perfect Blue
Kaiba
Tatami Galaxy
Neon Genesis Evangelion
FLCL
Utena

If you want spefic stuff then what are some of your favorite works of fiction? Can be books, games, films etc.
>>
What are you looking for exactly? Anime has lots of genres. Naruto is what's known as a battle shounen, a particularly formulaic kind of action series aimed at teenage boys that has a billion episodes in anime-form and is usually only tolerable as a manga (no filler episodes or screechy voice actors is a plus). Naruto is one of those battle shounens riding on the coattails of Dragonball, along with One Piece, Fairy Tale, Bleach, Magi, etc. It's extremely popular, but overall mediocre. So if you haven't read or watched Dragonball (and Dragonball Z) I'd recommend you start there if you want to get into battle shounen. In that vein, Yu Yu Hakusho is a great segue to make from DB/Z. One Piece bears mentioning since its popularity is supreme in Japan, but it might not meet your expectations for the genre since its art style and tone are a lot less "serious" than its contemporaries. Though it does have some very tense moments it always eventually goes back to wacky, lighthearted adventure.
>>
Another << amazing anime
>>
>Is Naruto a good starter series?
No
>>291465 All of these absolutely.

check out the works of Satoshi Kon, and Mamoru Oshii

Just based off of what you've listed you'd probably like

Trigun
Outlaw Star
Cyber City Oedo 808
Bubblegum Crisis
Ringing Bell
Samurai Champloo
Ninja Scroll
Wings of Honneamise
Now and Then, Here and There
Redline
Neo Tokyo
Roujin Z
>>
>>291413
>fucking luffy at the front
One Piss fags are the worst I swear
>>
>>291413
I see Yoh and Hao in that picture
Read Shaman King at bato.to
There's also an anime version of it but it's not as good as the manga
Manga
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/shaman-king-r2280
Anime
https://bakabt.me/details.php?id=130953&page=1

Also read or watch Monster(both the manga and anime are pretty much identical)
Manga
http://mangaseeonline.us/manga/Monster

Anime
https://bakabt.me/torrent/169018/monster-r2j-figmentos
>>
File: 1409312753204.jpg (401KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1409312753204.jpg
401KB, 1000x1000px
>>291413
for something a little different than what you've seen and what has been suggested, check out K-On!
>>
>>291891
It's the most popular manga ever, so yeah.
>>
>>291413

>Anime rec thread
>ctrl-f "Watamote"
>no hits

Are you fucks even trying?
>>
>>292081
as a FIRST after seeing the base level stuff OP has seen?
>>
>>292083

Well someone suggested...

Serial Experiments Lain
Angel's Egg
Perfect Blue
Neon Genesis Evangelion

So Watamote is much better as a next level anime than those.

Okay, how about Oreimo? At least that is mostly light hearted. Or Chobits?
>>
>>292086
Eva would be good for following in the footsteps of his peers. not so sure about the others

I'll bet most entry level nerds would enjoy chobits
>>
>>291413
>I've seen
Kind of irrelevant if you don't tell us your opinion on them.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.