[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any games that are similar to pic related in terms of non-linearity,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: BLES01682.jpg (333KB, 928x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BLES01682.jpg
333KB, 928x1080px
Any games that are similar to pic related in terms of non-linearity, open-endedness, and combat (pref also similar in terms of overall goofiness)? PC or emulators. Don't own any console. Will not buy any console for any game.

>inb4 WoTS 1,2, and 3

Played them already.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>291249
I remember a simalar game for the PSP. It was all in Japanese and somewhat hard to figure out. Thing I liked about it is you gained enemies sword after defeating them.
>>
>>291249
>I want to play console games
>I don't want to own a console because reeeeeeee
>>
>>291811
>I don't want to own a console because reeeeeeee

More like because I'm a poorfag, but okay, whatever you say, pumpkin.

>>291808
Can you recall its title? Or at least the company that made it? Every little bit helps.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
>>291808
>>291815
I looked it up and I think I was just playing a Japanese version of WOTS. I didn't know this at the time when I played it. The game was all in Japanese.

IDK, you may like the Yakuza games.
>>
>>291816
>IDK, you may like the Yakuza games.

Good idea, actually. I remember playing Yakuza 1 way back on my PS2, but I never actually managed to beat it. Might be worth a revisit now that I have a PC capable of emulating PS2. Thanks.
>>
>>291815
>PC gamer
>Poorfag
Yeah, no. In a world where you can pick up a 360 or PS3 for $20, that doesn't wash.

You've got masterracespergitis, and you'll probably be happier if you get over yourself.
>>
>>291822
>a 360 or PS3 for $20
Tell me where does this magical land exist and how to open a portal into it because I never managed to find a console that cheap in any American store. Plus, there's the issue that I don't live in the so-called First World, so the income and pricing varies dramatically when compared to USA or UK.

>You've got masterracespergitis, and you'll probably be happier if you get over yourself.

Not really. I have a low-end, all-AMD PC bought in 2013. Hardly counts as belonging to the Master Race.
>>
>>291818
Speaking of the PS2 I remember playing Kengo. Its a 1 on 1 sword tournament styled game.

First you develop a sword style and increase stats by doing mini games. One of the mini games I remember was having to blow out candles using your sword. It was a very unique game experience.

Only the first Kengo was released in the US the other 2 where only released in Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHcHv2yeS80

Other than that you may also like the Dynasty Warriors series. The only thing I dont like about them is that a lot of titles feel the same. Also the game play can get really repetitive.
>>
>>291826
>Speaking of the PS2 I remember playing Kengo. Its a 1 on 1 sword tournament styled game.

Looks nice. I really liked playing Bushido Blade back in the day, so that game might strike my fancy as well, as it seems awfully similar.

>Other than that you may also like the Dynasty Warriors series.

I tried playing one a few years ago. I didn't like it at all. As you said, too repetitive.

Also, as much as I appreciate your help, you're focusing way too much on the setting. The game doesn't necessarily have to be set in Asia in the times where swordplay was common. I'm rather looking for something similar gameplay-wise. A non-linear, sandboxy game with a decent amount of content to do between story events and relatively good combat.
>>
>>291828

OP here. Just wanted to add to the very last paragraph, that swords and swordfighting are of course appreciated, but I'm more after that specific quirky presentation and style of storytelling WoTS games have.
>>
>>291825
>Tell me where does this magical land exist and how to open a portal into it because I never managed to find a console that cheap in any American store
Who knew gumtree was a magical land, accessible only by portal?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/xbox-360/xbox-360/1229217118
>>
>>291834
That's just one specific offer, without every element to make it working included. When I looked at similar offers, a 360 usually goes for 50-60 pounds.
>>
>>291835
The specific elements it requires are:

A power lead (£1, or you can use the one from your PC)
A hard disk (£1-3 in CeX)

Which is still under budget.

I assumed you were smart enough to figure this out on your own, but I guess you proved me wrong.
>>
Any more suggestions?
>>
>>291818
Jusr remember Yakuza 1 is clunky as hell while Yakuza 2 improves in every way.

Yakuza 3-5 may not have as good stories but they are still worth it if you have a ps3.
>>
>>292055
I'm a little hesitant about playing anything other than Yakuza 1 because I don't know how its story goes. I know Yakuza 1 ends more or less conclusively. Does Yakuza 2 have a conclusive ending as well? I'm asking because I don't have a PS3 and don't want to beat Yakuza 2 only to find out it ends on a cliffhanger and/or has a fuckton of unresolved subplots that are resolved in the sequels I won't have access to.
>>
>>291249
Shinobido. It's a stealth game made by the same people that did WotS. It might remind you of Tenchu, that is because the old games were also made by Acquire.

In this game, you get to choose missions from three rival lords, in a menu though, not from traveling. What makes it special is that if enemies of an opposing lord spot you and you let them go, his trust will drop and he'll give you cheap missions. But there are also missions that lets you influence future missions depending of what you did: steal rice (decrease vision and hear them complain about hunger), steal money (a lord gets more recruit), steal documents (NPCs get new techniques/weapons). Obviously there are other kinds of mission, but they don't influence the game much (except when you have to assassinate a personal guard or even a rival lord, though if you're ballsy, you can still assassinate a lord when you're doing another kind of mission in his castle.) Also, not all missions have to do with the main story. You can play dozen of hours and never do a single story mission.

While the levels may not be huge, they're sandbox-y enough for you to just mess around and learn the layout. Also, they are only a few levels and you get to play them several times, so learning their respective layout is pretty rewarding. What does change are starting position, enemies, enemies placement and items placement.

Also the movements can be awkwardly fast. It's a learning curve in itself, but zipping around and hook-cancel-looping to a castle rooftop in 3 sec feel so good. Another thing that might need a bit of learning is alchemy. You see, things in the ground that you pick up are used to create new items such as different kinds of bomb and potion. It's pretty cryptic though, but if you master it, you can actually break the game.
>>
>>292333
So that was Shinobido. Other games that might be of interest are:

- Yakuza
- Akiba's Trip (also made by Acquire)
- Dark Souls and open-world action-adventure/RPG, maybe?
>>
>>292333
I'm not all that much into stealth games, but I might give it a go anyway. Thanks for mentioning it.

>>292335
>Akiba's Trip
A bit too weeby for my tastes, but thanks for the suggestion regardless.

>Dark Souls
Already played them all.

Also, "re-asking" >>292088. I really wanna know the answer.
>>
One last bump for posterity's sake.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.