[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WTF DO I DO?!?!?!?!?!?!! I had a laptop I dropped and it broke

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 0

WTF DO I DO?!?!?!?!?!?!!
I had a laptop I dropped and it broke into a million fuckin pieces

I pulled off the HDD and try to install it into an HP laptop so I can tranfer files I needed off the HDD and it didnt work.
I then bought a external HDD mount with USB, hooked up the HDD and connected it to the HP laptop and it had a problem installing USB Mass Storage driver and gave me (Error 10)
Ig wouldn't show up anywhwre and when I tried to reinstall the driver it kep messing up the driver install

So then I connected the external HDD to an old laptop I have, didn't give me a driver problem but I couldnt find it anywhere! I went to unmount the external HDD and it said it was assigned to location "0".

Sooooo basically idk what the fuck to do. This HDD wont show up when I connect it to anything.

Should I microwave it or is there a way to recover the data?????????

Pic very unrelated
>>
>>290583
Reinstall from backup.
>>
>>290583
Reinstall from your backup. You have one right?
>>
>>290590
Nope.
Got laptop from my brother last week, did some important work on it and put off backing it up because I was going to put a bunch of stuff on then do a backup. Broke it before I got a chance. I know, dumbass mistake, I should an hero and all that but Im not trying to pay some Geek Squad fag to recover for me if I could do it myself and learn something along the way.

The problem is that the HDD is not showing up when I try to view it on a different laptop
>>
Does hard drive have jumpers? That's your clue.
>>
>>290591
Hard disks load the firmware they need to run the SATA interface off the platters.

No platters, no firmware, no SATA link, disk doesn't appear.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.