[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello /wsr/ a friend of mine sent me any cryptic message I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1489771929596.png (324KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1489771929596.png
324KB, 800x800px
hello /wsr/ a friend of mine sent me any cryptic message I'm having difficulty encrypting it wood /wsr/ be able to help
>>
24fb687a17b783c8b8ec542daa37e197
>>
typo
>>
I was supposed to say decrypt
>>
>>288687
That's just a hash, dude.

If it's not googleable, then its only use is to show you later that he knew a particular bit of text at the time he sent you the hash.

In the renaissance, they used to do that with anagrams. Say you'd discovered something interesting, like the theory of gravity. And you were wanting to write a book about it and publish the book. But if someone came along whilst you were writing it and stole your idea or discovered it after you but published first, you'd want a way you could show everyone that you knew the idea all along before him, but you were keeping it to yourself.

So you'd come up with a sentence like

>I firmly believe that mass indubitably attracts other mass

Then you'd scramble it

>aaaaabbcdeeeefhiiiii.......vyy

And publish that. It's not practical to work out the original sentence from the scrambled one, but if someone does beat you to publication, you can publish the original sentence, and everyone can see that the original sentence can be scrambled into the scrambled sentence you published ages ago.

What your friend has done is the same as that, but with a cryptographic hash function instead of just scrambling letters by hand.
>>
Ok thank you
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.