[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm an imbecile. I built a computer and purchased and installed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: w.png (5KB, 479x105px) Image search: [Google]
w.png
5KB, 479x105px
I'm an imbecile.

I built a computer and purchased and installed Windows 10 64 bit and it, I believe, is the cause of a host of problems. I want to run Windows 7 instead. Am I able to install Windows 7 and use the Windows 10 key? Otherwise, am I able to purchase a legitimate Windows 7 disk and key despite 8 and 10 taking over?

In case you're receptive, the problems include random restarting, at least every 2 hours and more often usually, as well as less common crashing and blue screening. I don't think it's hardware related.
>>
>>288534
I can't say for sure whether it's the OS' fault, but I have Windows 10 installed and I do not have those problems.
>>
>>288537
I've spent a day or two troubleshooting it and I've made no progress, no matter what software I'm running after reinstalling windows.

So, I'm resorting to Windows 7, hopefully.
>>
File: 1490863096926.jpg (45KB, 397x449px) Image search: [Google]
1490863096926.jpg
45KB, 397x449px
>I built a computer
>purchased and installed Windows 10 64 bit
>problems include random restarting
>crashing and blue screening
its probably a problem with the drivers for the hardware you installed. after installing the drivers that came with the hardware, go into the device manager and do an update driver for each piece of hardware you put in to get the latest/correct driver from microsoft.

>Am I able to install Windows 7 and use the Windows 10 key?
no

>Otherwise, am I able to purchase a legitimate Windows 7 disk and key
probably won't fine a legit install/lkey now.
>>
>>288534
Double check the ram sticks, I've had similar problems because of that before
>>
File: 4L_30v21Rdk.jpg (53KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
4L_30v21Rdk.jpg
53KB, 600x600px
>>288534
>I built a computer
You remembered the thermal paste, right?

Or if you're on the stock cooler, you remembered not to use thermal paste, right?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.