[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

yo my pc keeps randomly shutting off what should i do '

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

yo my pc keeps randomly shutting off what should i do '

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8005C138F8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\032917-51074-01.dmp
C:\Users\lasater\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-242550-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

What does this shit even mean?
>>
have you tried monitoring the system temperatures (and voltages)? leave gpu-z and/or openhardwaremonitor running in the background while using the computer and check the max temps and minimum voltages.

gl
>>
>>287916
>have you tried monitoring the system temperatures

this. a lot of systems will simply shut down if the processor overheats.

something else you might want to check is the power socket it's plugged into. i once had an entire row of desktop machines at work that would shut down at random, and when i checked the power sockets they were plugged in to, they were delivering about half the voltage they should have been.

definitely look into a temp monitoring program though.
>>
>>287880

That you get blue screens.
These are mostly caused by a driver not doing what it is supposed to (other than programs drivers operate very close to the core/kernel of the OS so unlike programs them crashing or misbehaving can crash the whole system) or a physical hardware defect/emergency shutdown because temps.
Modern processors have a safety routine where when detecting dangerously high temperatures they shut down before they could get destroyed. Checking temps is recommended, only if that was negative THEN you should look for defective components or drivers.
>>
i completely forgot about what >>287964 wrote
>you might want to check is the power socket it's plugged into
if you have some time op, check the wall socket too. sometimes an ungrounded connection might cause random shutdown/resets
gl
>>
overheating wouldn't cause a bluescreen, it would just cause the machine to shut off.
>>
Run chkdsk. see if it comes up with anything, if so its your hdd is bad.

If not, put an arch linux iso on a usb keydrive with rufus, then boot from it and choose "memtest86+" from the boot options. Let it run and if you see errors in red it means your memory is fucked, try running it with one stick at a time and then the other if it still bsods to isolate which stick is bad, and so on and so forth..

If memtest gives no errors after about 2 minutes and chkdsk comes up clean, its safe to say its not your ram or hdd. Try swapping video cards or using onboard video and see if it still bsod's.
>>
>>287880
Go to that minidump file and either analyze it yourself or use various online tools to do it.

If it points to a particular driver (typically something ending in .sys), google that driver, figure out what it is (graphics, network, sound, etc) and then remove it through device manager and install an updated version from the manufacturer's website.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.